Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

dabbler

Expert Member
Anyone running stock (never been rooted) GB ? I'm interested to know which modem is installed.

Kwerty

Expert Member
Company Rep
Anyone running stock (never been rooted) GB ? I'm interested to know which modem is installed.
Off the top of my head I'd say either JVU or JVT. I might be wrong though, haven't been on GB / CM7 for ages :D

Kwerty

Expert Member
Company Rep
Much difference between 4.1 and 4.2 ?
Not really. No difference performance wise. The only useful difference I've found is that photos take faster. The new camera UI is quite nice. Besides that, the new "quick settings" menu and widgets on your lock screen aren't that great (if you're coming from CM that's normally packed with these types of features)

xera

Expert Member
What is the latest version of Android available over Kies for the Galaxy S I9000 (vodacom)?

My Kies is saying "PDA:JVH / PHONE:JVO / CSC:JV2 (XFV)", but I am struggling to understand what this means.

Kwerty

Expert Member
Company Rep
What is the latest version of Android available over Kies for the Galaxy S I9000 (vodacom)?

My Kies is saying "PDA:JVH / PHONE:JVO / CSC:JV2 (XFV)", but I am struggling to understand what this means.
The latest official version released was 2.3.7 (the "value pack" update). Google tells me the info you listed is either 2.3.3 or 2.3.4

manesan

Not really. No difference performance wise. The only useful difference I've found is that photos take faster. The new camera UI is quite nice. Besides that, the new "quick settings" menu and widgets on your lock screen aren't that great (if you're coming from CM that's normally packed with these types of features)

What modem are you guys using with this version? I am having serious signal issues.

Kwerty

Expert Member
Company Rep
Same one that came with the ROM. I used to get dropped signals every now and then but it seems to have sorted itself out.

Edit: JVT

W.Salie

The latest official version released was 2.3.7 (the "value pack" update). Google tells me the info you listed is either 2.3.3 or 2.3.4

I realize that you posted this a few months ago but are you able to tell me what the baseband version is as I am also having the same problem accessing kies and would rather then just download it and then install using odin and some other user interface

cpu.

Executive Member
If anyone is out there, please respond...

...to this:

If I hit the volume down + home + power buttons, I get a construction working android "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!
It does not go pass this to the point where I have to apparently confirm a warning message with volume up. Do I need to do something else at this point, besides throwing the phone against a wall?

prof818

You have successfully entered download mode. Normally this is where you would connect the device to odin. I would suggest more reading though.

cpu.

Executive Member
You have successfully entered download mode. Normally this is where you would connect the device to odin. I would suggest more reading though.

I have done this on my GS2 but the message bowled me out. I will hook it up to Odin and see if all go well. It also explain the lack of Google results to point to this problem. More reading might be a good idea. :)

Thank you.