Official Vox DSL feedback thread

MickeyD

RIP
This thread is intended for customers to interact directly with Vox staff about the performance of the ADSL network and to post feedback about the performance of the network and accounts. This channel is intended for existing customers to request assistance and to interact with Vox directly.

Whilst it is understandable that you are most probably posting here to highlight your problems, please do your best to remain calm and professional and to clear state your issues.

Mod_note: These threads are clearly designed/intended for customers to provide feedback to their respective ISPs - not for disgruntled former customers to vent, not for other ISPs to promote their services, etc - and, one hopes, for the relevant ISP to respond.

cvanwie

Recently resolved:
1) Fatpipe + Bolt on capping during Bolt on times (resolved Oct 19, 2015)
Fix message: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/629191-Vox-Telecom-Fatpipe?p=16318524&viewfull=1#post16318524
2) Cape Town high latency (6pm+) - resolved Oct 24, 2015

Known issues:
* Vox App - iOS not saving password for login

When sharing a problem, we need a brief description of the problem, trace routes to demonstrate the problem that you're sharing, and never share your DSL username or account id on the public forum.

Last edited:

Electric

Honorary Master
Twitch is still not able to stream at Source despite everything I have tried as well as all the suggestions made by cvanwie and users of VOX.

High is the best that I can achieve without buffering.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Twitch is still not able to stream at Source despite everything I have tried as well as all the suggestions made by cvanwie and users of VOX.

Can you tell me which stream you are trying and I will try the same one.

AntiGanda

Banned
Latency issues starting from midnight when Vox introduced the free period. (Cape Town)

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Multiple streams, it makes no difference.

Mrtweeday, Mojo, Freakazoid, PaschaBisceps, Olofmeister, NickBunyon, etc.
You pick one.

Just tried Freakazoid and it played fine, do you maybe use a DNS or VPN service to watch Netflix or Hulu?

Electric

Honorary Master
Just tried Freakazoid and it played fine, do you maybe use a DNS or VPN service to watch Netflix or Hulu?

No, I only use GoogleDNS or VOX assigned DNS.
I stopped using unotelly a while back.

I use Livestreamer via VLC.
10 threads

PostManPat

Multiple streams, it makes no difference.

Mrtweeday, Mojo, Freakazoid, PaschaBisceps, Olofmeister, NickBunyon, etc.
You pick one.

Twitch has their own set of problems. Some people from UK and US have reported to stream even with 50mb+ lines. Livestreamer normally fixes this.

Edit:

As to your new comment. Using livestreamer still gives you these problems?

Electric

Honorary Master
Twitch has their own set of problems. Some people from UK and US have reported to stream even with 50mb+ lines. Livestreamer normally fixes this.

I just posted saying I use Livesreamer, read please.

cvanwie

Latency issues starting from midnight when Vox introduced the free period. (Cape Town)

First I'm hearing about after midnight. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm certain this relates to the 6pm to 11pm latency issue logged with Telkom.

AntiGanda

Banned

10 threads
I tried Unotelly for the rugby last week.

It works fine, apart from a periodical micro-freeze throughout the broadcast. It wasn't possible to tell if this was normal or not and there was no loss of the data.

ghostR

Executive Member
First I'm hearing about after midnight. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm certain this relates to the 6pm to 11pm latency issue logged with Telkom.

Yup, Looking at the smokeping graphs in the western cape, no issues after midnight on vox, so that must be a individual exchange congestion issue.

Electric

Honorary Master
I tried Unotelly for the rugby last week.

It works fine, apart from a periodical micro-freeze throughout the broadcast. It wasn't possible to tell if this was normal or not and there was no loss of the data.

What has this got to do with Twitch Streaming?

cvanwie

Have you run twitch/source on any other ISP? We aren't blocking it or rate limiting it.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master

10 threads

10 threads HLS and HDS, do you have Net Meter or something to show the actual speed it's going at?

ghostR

Executive Member

Try refresh until you get a good server with sufficient upload capacity.