Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Totempole

Expert Member
How's everyone's international latency doing since the cable break? Mine's up by 80ms, but stable.

International gaming is pretty much a no-go. :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
With the triple data allocation the rollover also increased.

400GB FP Promo used to be capped at 2400GB now with the extra data the roll over is also increasing.

Opera Snapshot_2020-04-01_134702_portal.vox.co.za.png

Totempole

Expert Member
Anyone else still have any data on their 1TB Vox Green Week promo account?

I still have 182GBs left on mine, but Vox's systems have blocked me from using it by marking the status as capped.

Happened literally at midnight just as the month changed over while I was in the middle of an online game.

I've reported it to them, but still waiting for them to fix it.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member

I still have 182GBs left on mine, but Vox's systems have blocked me from using it by marking the status as capped.

Happened literally at midnight just as the month changed over while I was in the middle of an online game.

Mine is still working, maybe they count yours as 6 months already?

Sl8er

Executive Member

Mine's still working as well.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Some questions (to anyone):

Will the new caps roll over and be available to use after May?
Example:
I got 600GB this month (April).
If I don't touch it and let it roll over next month as well, effectively leaving 1.2TB, will I still be able to use it, come June?

Also, does your max threshold return in June again?
Example:
June rolls around and I'm back on 200GB, which means the limit is 6 months = 1.2TB.
If I have -for argument's sake- 2TB in the account, will it be reduced down to 1.2TB again? (Because the "limit" is 6 months?)
:unsure:

Hemps

Honorary Master
Usage as at Thu Apr 02 08:30

Service StatusActive
Data Used17.14 GB
Data Available2754.36 GB
Data Allocated2771.51 GB
Zero-rated UsageLinux ISOs

cavedog

Honorary Master
Some questions (to anyone):

Will the new caps roll over and be available to use after May?
Example:
I got 600GB this month (April).
If I don't touch it and let it roll over next month as well, effectively leaving 1.2TB, will I still be able to use it, come June?

Also, does your max threshold return in June again?
Example:
June rolls around and I'm back on 200GB, which means the limit is 6 months = 1.2TB.
If I have -for argument's sake- 2TB in the account, will it be reduced down to 1.2TB again? (Because the "limit" is 6 months?)
:unsure:
It's a good question since they don't really go into detail they just say that it will return to the original cap after.

Right now they have lifted the rollover allocation to accommodate for the new data so it would be interesting to see what will happen.

Totempole

Expert Member
It's a good question since they don't really go into detail they just say that it will return to the original cap after.

Right now they have lifted the rollover allocation to accommodate for the new data so it would be interesting to see what will happen.
I'm pretty sure your banked data amount would be reduced back to 6x your base cap.

It's the way their system works. The same way that downgrading would reduce your max rollover.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@Soul Assassin

If you have a look here

Vox has quite an extensive network. They have routers all over the show. They also just like CISP have one in Angola ix, New York IX and Brazil PTT SP

If you go into detail here

You get a bunch of networks peering there. That is probably the list of network that will use SACS on Vox.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
@Soul Assassin

If you have a look here

Vox has quite an extensive network. They have routers all over the show. They also just like CISP have one in Angola ix, New York IX and Brazil PTT SP

If you go into detail here

You get a bunch of networks peering there. That is probably the list of network that will use SACS on Vox.
The one provider that hosts one of the Sao Paulo servers is on that list but for some reason Vox refuses to connect me via WACS, I don't even know if they use WACS if you're in the South, I have to use Warp if I want to play EU.

7h3Ch3353

Has anyone else had terrible latency since after the first cable break earlier in the year? In PoE I used to get 164ms to London now its 220+ even after the current break was fixed. Its like they are only using the east coast cables now anyway. Even with warp its bad because warp doesn't connect through Cape Town.

Edit: Just checked again in PoE, I get better ping to their US Washington server than to London.

Last edited: