OnePlus

Wasabee!

Executive Member
No operators have brought it in yet. There are importers though like Takealot and smartphoneshop.co.za which also do repairs besides imports.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Now that I've finally and definitively migrated off WinMo, my eye is on the upcoming OnePlus 8 Pro. Seriously considered the OnePlus 7 Pro but it doesn't have wireless charging, which I've been using for the past 4 years. Holding thumbs the 8 Pro is announced and available soon.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Now that I've finally and definitively migrated off WinMo, my eye is on the upcoming OnePlus 8 Pro. Seriously considered the OnePlus 7 Pro but it doesn't have wireless charging, which I've been using for the past 4 years. Holding thumbs the 8 Pro is announced and available soon.
its sad that WinMo died in the end, it was really great and the hardware was also fantastic. Wireless charging was mostly standard and the phone batteries lasted for day rather than just getting through a day on a charge.

Arthur

Honorary Master
its sad that WinMo died in the end, it was really great and the hardware was also fantastic. Wireless charging was mostly standard and the phone batteries lasted for day rather than just getting through a day on a charge.
Yes indeed. I'm angry at Microsoft for not keeping their eye on the ball, though I understand this all happened at a very tough time when execs were spending more time in court than managing the company. WP and later WinMo was and still is superior to 'droid and iOS in so many ways, especially user experience. There was just no way Facebook, Google and others were going to let WP/WM use their APIs as Msft originally designed for WP's People-centric approach. They insisted on discrete apps that they controlled, and that in the end throttled WP to death.

I could have soldiered on indefinitely with the Lumia 950 XL (dual SIM) - what a wonderful machine with glorious camera and display. My SA bank basically forced the move, saying that online purchases from 23 Aug would require their app, and their WP (UWA) app was withdrawn earlier this year. I'm just as angry at the bank, but maar have to downgrade to Android Google-surveillance-machine if I want to bank.

Holding thumbs the OnePlus 8 Pro is out by mid-October.

Last edited:

MeestaR

Expert Member
I have an OP6T, and I must say, for the price of a midrange phone, I get a phone a bit faster than the Note 9, cpu-wise. I am happy with this phone, too bad Vodacom and all the other telcos don't want to import thse good phones. I think they have contracts with Samsung, etc, to sell the handsets in South Africa. If a OP phone is available, and much cheaper than the Samsung phone, with faster or comparable specs, people would mostly take the OP device. Competition.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Who does battery replacements on Oneplus phones? 7 Pro? I only see Cyber range who don't work on anything more recent that the 5T and Smartphoneshop.co.za whom I've tried contacting via Whatsapp, telephone and email and can't get hold of anyone...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Johan from Smartphoneshop got hold of me. Can't get stock of the replacement battery anywhere in SA apparently... WTF??

If I can source one from abroad they will replace for R350 labour cost only... check the shipping???

BLP699 7Pro.PNG

sand_man

Honorary Master
Apparently shipping stand alone lithium batteries is considered hazardous and therefore prohibited. WTF??