Online Backups?

roxashe

Hi Guys,

I'm looking around for an online backup provider.

Issue is we need something that would support VSS services via Microsoft windows and hopefully something like rsync as well.

I'm thinking a VPS would be best, however I'm not sure if this is the best way to go.

We would ideally like to do it without a VPS, and just use a backup provider. However I can not seem to find anyone that supports this service.

Any suggestions?

srothman

Expert Member
Do you have any legal or regulatory requirements a la POPI that will prevent you from backup up outside the borders of SA?

Why not look at replicating to Azure? I went through a very similar exercise a while back, and this came back as one of the better solutions.

srothman

Expert Member
That actually looks pretty cool, might consider that for my home-based backups.

@roxashe - What sorty of volumes are you looking at though?

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
It depends on how much you need to backup online. I have to do terabytes of online backups daily so these solutions are not economical to me. What I do is buy cheap linux servers and then rsync/rdiff everything to them. R600pm gets me 4TB of space.

kianm

Honorary Master
It depends on how much you need to backup online. I have to do terabytes of online backups daily so these solutions are not economical to me.
That's a lot what kind of connectivity and upload speed do you have?