Onsite IT Technician : JHB

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Jy's die p0es wat al vir 20 jaar dieselfde kak job doen en dit blameer op 'n kursus...wat jy 20 jaar terug gedoen het.

Moenie die industrie blameer as jy te kak is om jouself op te skill nie...Jannie Jammergat.
edit.
Jy en jou klein mannetjie sindroom is nie my tyd of reply werd nie.

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Not amused...
edit.
Jy en jou klein mannetjie sindroom is nie my tyd of reply werd nie.
Sure Jannie Jammergat....vertel dit maar vir jouself.

Uit jou posts is dit obvious wat jy is...'n sad loser in 'n dead end career.

Nou try jy dit op my projekteer...my hart klop custard vir jou, pappa.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Sure Jannie Jammergat....vertel dit maar vir jouself.

Uit jou posts is dit obvious wat jy is...'n sad loser in 'n dead end career.

Nou try jy dit op my projekteer...my hart klop custard vir jou, pappa.
Regte groot man.. Liberale Yster!!

s0lar

Expert Member
Chest bumping aside. I took a job like this right at the start of my career to get experience. Lived with my parents so had little expenses but scored on the experience. Served me well, extra party cash. Not everybody is in tech and supporting a family of 5 and paying monthly for a German sedan, sheesh.

cguy

Executive Member
I’m inclined to agree. Even as someone who was very advanced technically by the end of matric, I was still pretty clueless about what to study and what the real career paths actually were and what they required (I matriculated before we had widely available internet in SA, so I couldn’t really look this up).

I am amazed at what BS advice was being propagated back then, and what still is today (bootcamps…).

There was a fair amount of chance in those early years that led me to where I am today.

That said, there are definitely some hot technical topics today that would benefit from doing a (well researched) certificate course.

Markd

Expert Member
When I started working in like 2000, I earned R3k a month with an MCSE and A+ certs. That was all I had. Worked that job for 3 years to get to R6k a month. I lived with my folks, who had let me use a beaten up old Nissan for my commutes. I paid for petrol and a small 'rental' or contribution to expenses. I saved a **** ton, educated myself, went overseas, and today I can earn that monthly salary.....well.....significantly more quickly than a month. Depending on your profile it could be a good gig, for the young and unencumbered.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Fok, I was lucky making 10k in 2001 (17k in 2003) as a lowly IT tech - not as manager or anything .

I guess the fact that I knew my crap and was a good communicator (not an ass kisser and stay out of politics) helped loads. Was always offered jobs within a few days of starting at a place.

To anyone looking for this job, all I can say is learn learn learn. To this day, I am a geek and still learn about crap that doesn't even concern me anymore.

Went_For_Milk

Expert Member
Fok, I was lucky making 10k in 2001 (17k in 2003) as a lowly IT tech - not as manager or anything .

I guess the fact that I knew my crap and was a good communicator (not an ass kisser and stay out of politics) helped loads. Was always offered jobs within a few days of starting at a place.

To anyone looking for this job, all I can say is learn learn learn. To this day, I am a geek and still learn about crap that doesn't even concern me anymore.
I agree, you are never to old to learn new crap. Somewhere down the line you will use that "useless" crap

Reactions: Yuu