Opel Corsa fuel supply problem

ReganM

Hi all

OK I have an Opel Corsa 1.4 2003 model with 270K km's.
It started to loose power intermittently causing the car to jerk as (feels like someone is "switching" the fuel on and off) so I replaced the filters, plugs etc as part of normal service.
That did not help, so I took it to a mechanic and they replaced the fuel pump.

In between this the coil pack broke so I replaced it and the plug cables as well(thought it a good idea after 270K km), so that's working fine now.

Still the car has the problem with the fuel so I take it back, and they cannot find the problem.
It seems to happen when the car is hot(I.E not during the 10 minutes to work and back) and going uphill.

Can anyone help me, since it is utterly frustrating not knowing what to fix?
1) Test the mass airflow sensor. If the engine cuts off a few seconds and the fault light comes on while driving, it may be the mass air flow sensor. (YouTube shows how to test it).

2) The fuel pump relay should also be tested.

You have an OBD2 port, so diagnostic plug in equipment can give the error codes.

thechamp

Honorary Master
1) Test the mass airflow sensor. If the engine cuts off a few seconds and the fault light comes on while driving, it may be the mass air flow sensor. (YouTube shows how to test it).

2) The fuel pump relay should also be tested.

You have an OBD2 port, so diagnostic plug in equipment can give the error codes.
2012 post that you responding to, but I guess the advice is still useful.