Openserv 200+MB speeds

NokkNokk

Hi

Do anyone know if ever in the future that we can expect speeds upto 1 gigabit for Openserve?

Regards,

Customer1

Yes, in the year 2036.

On a more serious note, I don't think you should expect this soon. It's mostly bragging rights. Most home networks won't even be able to handle 1Gbit.

Considering Openserve is one of the most expensive fibre networks at the moment, imagine what 1GBit will cost.

NokkNokk

I just wish then that Frogfoot or Vumatel will expand. I asked Frogfoot 2 year ago when they will be in my area and dont get me wrong its not that far from their active live network. from a area that is live to my house it is 8.5Km and they told me they would be in my area within a few months to maybe the end of that year. Well **** bad service Frogfoot. For 8.5Km I`m still waiting and like I said it is more than 2 years now. SAD AF. OpenServe got me connected fasted and there we are talking about TELKOM.

Customer1

I just wish then that Frogfoot or Vumatel will expand. I asked Frogfoot 2 year ago when they will be in my area and dont get me wrong its not that far from their active live network. from a area that is live to my house it is 8.5Km and they told me they would be in my area within a few months to maybe the end of that year. Well **** bad service Frogfoot. For 8.5Km I`m still waiting and like I said it is more than 2 years now. SAD AF. OpenServe got me connected fasted and there we are talking about TELKOM.
I'm curious, what do you need 1Gbit for? Also, note that having 1Gbit doesn't mean you'll download everything at 125Mbyte/s. Most servers can't handle those speeds yet (not even mentioning some computers) and the moment you pull international traffic it's going to drop considerably anyway.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If R1500 is already very heavily subsidized price for 200Mbps you can x5 that price to get an estimate of 1Gbps on Openserve. IPC is just too expensive.

On the note of what 1Gbps is for well you can never have enough speed. It's not about downloading the world it's about downloading a brand new released digital game that is 80GB in size in less than 15min instead of waiting the whole day or hours for it to complete on your 10Mbps or 100Mbps line.

Also mounting an unlimited google drive in Windows you realize that 200Mbps is SLOW af.

rorz0r

Executive Member
If R1500 is already very heavily subsidized price for 200Mbps you can x5 that price to get an estimate of 1Gbps on Openserve. IPC is just too expensive.

On the note of what 1Gbps is for well you can never have enough speed. It's not about downloading the world it's about downloading a brand new released digital game that is 80GB in size in less than 15min instead of waiting the whole day or hours for it to complete on your 10Mbps or 100Mbps line.

Also mounting an unlimited google drive in Windows you realize that 200Mbps is SLOW af.
My Xbox had to download quite a chunk when I first inserted RDR2, but it took about 10-15min to do the download on 100mb and about 45-50min to do the copy of data off the disc to the Xbox... :( But yeah most people don't understand why I NEED 200mb but it's awesome doing any multi-GB updates in minutes.

Reactions: Yuu