Openserve fibre

SadIvyParrot

This was something my late mom would teach at the bank when she was a trainer, she would teach the bank staff how to deal with irate clients, and you are never in the bank for a good reason..She would explain to the staff look clients are in a crisis, to you as the teller, the crisis may not be huge, you must not judge them, listen, calm them down, let them talk through the problem, make notes, offer coffee...

Afrihost staff take it way too personally, they don't know how to hand over to someone else, when I asked to speak to someone senior "I am that senior.." I told him I don't believe him.." The lies, the unprofessional handling of whatsapp and voice calls...

The staff are left to fend for themselves, they have no idea how to handle upset clients, or how to resolve issues, if it is not in the script, they are unable to compute... Call centre staff are not the best way to interface with clients with issues..1 out of 1000 calls is about something good...

DeSLAM

You have to love the "While you wait to hear back from us, please visit our help centre" ( for days, in the last example since 12 Feb with no resolve to date) support emails you get from AH after registering a support ticket via email...that alone is enough to drive anyone livid.

If you don't have their phone App or a working data connection AND WhatsApp you're basically screwed in terms of getting any support.

And if you dont have internet connectivity - the problem - how exactly do they expect you connect to client zone etc?

Last edited:

Speedster

Honorary Master
How does this work, do we wake up tomorrow morning to faster speeds or is there some form of phased rollout?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
How does this work, do we wake up tomorrow morning to faster speeds or is there some form of phased rollout?

The changes are done on the Openserve system. They have updated the ordering system with the new speeds and have migrated everyone to the new profiles already. Most lines although the line profile already shows the new speed the line is still stuck on the old profile. A port reset fixes this and applies the new speed. I'm not sure if Opneserve is going to be doing this automatically from their side.

PPPoE accounts are also usually speed capped to match the lines and this is to prevent people signing up for the lowest speed and then using it on the fastest speed line. For ISPs that implement these caps they would need to adjust these settings also to allow the increased speeds.

Speedster

Honorary Master
The changes are done on the Openserve system. They have updated the ordering system with the new speeds and have migrated everyone to the new profiles already. Most lines although the line profile already shows the new speed the line is still stuck on the old profile. A port reset fixes this and applies the new speed. I'm not sure if Opneserve is going to be doing this automatically from their side.

PPPoE accounts are also usually speed capped to match the lines and this is to prevent people signing up for the lowest speed and then using it on the fastest speed line. For ISPs that implement these caps they would need to adjust these settings also to allow the increased speeds.
I'm on PPPoE (with Telkom) and really hoping they don't get stupid and keep me on the 10mbps line. That'd totally suck.
Which makes me think, has anyone seen any updates from Telkom on how they're going to deal with the speed upgrades?

SadIvyParrot

I had no idea I would get an upgrade, I was stiffed during co-vid, was told by Afrihost, sorry you are poor and don't deserve anything nice in life, stay in the slow lane.. I accepted it, tried to explain, but then Afrihost had a change of heart, they still banned me from their twitter, but I am grateful that Afrihost made the decision to upgrade those of us on the 8meg..I would assume that the 10meg folks get the same sweet deal!!

SAevolved09

So im with you guys on openserve on the 10mbps, am I correct in assuming that after 00:01 tomorrow morning my speed will be 25mbps? or will it happen at some random time after tomorrow?

SadIvyParrot

So im with you guys on openserve on the 10mbps, am I correct in assuming that after 00:01 tomorrow morning my speed will be 25mbps? or will it happen at some random time after tomorrow?
I was told that it "in the coming weeks.." But then I don't take anything Afrihost says seriously.. They tend to be very light on truth!

Speedster

Honorary Master
I was told that it "in the coming weeks.." But then I don't take anything Afrihost says seriously.. They tend to be very light on truth!
Did you even read the Afrihost post above? Or are you so blinded by your hatred that you missed it?

I saw that a few weeks back, however since then hearing that openserve has already finished their migrations and all thats needed now is for ISPs to "flip the switch" im hopeful for quick upgrades

SadIvyParrot

Did you even read the Afrihost post above? Or are you so blinded by your hatred that you missed it?
"Your Fibre line speed will automatically be increased to 25Mbps at some point during the month of March."
Was what Afrihost said in the email... Nothing but the truth... At some point....means in the coming weeks...I missed nothing!

Speedster

Honorary Master
"Your Fibre line speed will automatically be increased to 25Mbps at some point during the month of March."
Was what Afrihost said in the email... Nothing but the truth... At some point....means in the coming weeks...I missed nothing!
Maybe you should revisit post #24

SadIvyParrot

Maybe you should revisit post #24
It will be increased, maybe tomorrow, maybe by the 16th, or the end of the month, it will happen.. As to the process, I tend to not believe what the afrihost mod says.. He told me I was getting nothing, then hours later I am on 25meg.. could have sent a DM saying I was upgraded and to embargo this... Would have respected that...
Just a bit confused as to what you think I have not done right.. I have been honest through this thread!

My speed as of 16:31 is still 8meg down....
MONDAY 01 MAR 07:37... STILL 8MEGS!!!

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

The line speeds have increased already. Our Dev team will start moving clients over to the correct packages tomorrow so the changes will likely start happening from tomorrow and not exactly at midnight.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
If my 100/50 line is still 100/50 should I open a ticket or wait it out?

We have not completed the changes on our side yet. Dev will complete them tomorrow but I can reset the port for you so long so the new line profile kicks in on Openserve.

SadIvyParrot

Oh wow... 3meg actual on the meter down, not that 1.10MB wow... love it... nice to travel a bit quicker for the first time in my life...

ProjectEC97

Fibre...no adsl here... even if it was only adsl the same points apply.. The Afrihost lack of logic is confusing..they want to pay for something, when they could have it for free... oh well...
I can see why they've blocked you on Twitter. I would've done the same.

SadIvyParrot

Why? What have I done wrong? I am happy with the 3+meg on the actual download...It is great to have real speed...

SadIvyParrot

I can see why they've blocked you on Twitter. I would've done the same.
Folks take twitter way too seriously..I have a long long list of folks that could not take my humour, oh well... really twitter is great...much better than facebook..I have a life ban from them....