Openserve

Despaireon

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
326
Reaction score
181
Hi everyone. Is there absolutely no way to contact Openserve directly. I've been trying to activate my ont since Friday and I can't fault my ISP because they've been trying the whole weekend. Activation was re-scheduled for todat between 8-10 am. Nothing as of yet. The serial number on my ont when trying to connect it to my openserve app shows two b numbers both are suspended. If there's issues fine my isp(Urban x) Are rather quick to let me know when there's any updates but even they are now struggling getting openserve on the line.
 
Ah the 2 B numbers problem. I deal quite a bit with it and sadly the only people that can deal with it is the ISP. They have to escalate and email the area or even their accounts manager to get a response. Normally happens inside complexes, it can take a while. Just sit on Urban X to keep pushing.

Edit: There is No way anyone outside can get ahold of those responsible in Openserve
 
Ah the 2 B numbers problem. I deal quite a bit with it and sadly the only people that can deal with it is the ISP. They have to escalate and email the area or even their accounts manager to get a response. Normally happens inside complexes, it can take a while. Just sit on Urban X to keep pushing.

Edit: There is No way anyone outside can get ahold of those responsible in Openserve
Thanks, god I miss octotel if my isp fails I can at least get through there. The thing is it's a migration, I bought my uncles house and he hasn't used the fibre in a year. I should've said that the b number on the ont and the one they sent through WhatsApp is different. I thought different account different b number. And the data charges these few days costing me more than the whole line...
 
Thanks, god I miss octotel if my isp fails I can at least get through there. The thing is it's a migration, I bought my uncles house and he hasn't used the fibre in a year. I should've said that the b number on the ont and the one they sent through WhatsApp is different. I thought different account different b number. And the data charges these few days costing me more than the whole line...
Maybe I am wrong but there is no erf-B Number pausing on Openserve's side much like any other FNO they just discontinue the line and one must reapply. They want ISP's to go through the process of applying for a new connecting B number and when it hits a hurdle like this. the Process can be rather painful and laughable, we went forward with fibre offerings by 10 steps but with the greed and industry woes went 30 steps back. Normally it is 1 account tide to 1 B number, but if you have rentals then it becomes an issue, most guys that do house letting just include their account with the rent one pays because of this massive hurdle.

But hey we all love the open marketplace costs are soo low and the fno's have free reign So who's to complain. The serial numbers on the ONT don't even matchup sometimes Openserve will send out a techie to update the ONT to their new pre-paid model so it may even be stuck behind that crap.
 
Maybe I am wrong but there is no erf-B Number pausing on Openserve's side much like any other FNO they just discontinue the line and one must reapply. They want ISP's to go through the process of applying for a new connecting B number and when it hits a hurdle like this. the Process can be rather painful and laughable, we went forward with fibre offerings by 10 steps but with the greed and industry woes went 30 steps back. Normally it is 1 account tide to 1 B number, but if you have rentals then it becomes an issue, most guys that do house letting just include their account with the rent one pays because of this massive hurdle.

But hey we all love the open marketplace costs are soo low and the fno's have free reign So who's to complain. The serial numbers on the ONT don't even matchup sometimes Openserve will send out a techie to update the ONT to their new pre-paid model so it may even be stuck behind that crap.
So the technician came today and some cut our internet line by the pole or somewhere I don't know where it is since I wasn't home. He is irritated with me because I called twice today lol but nonetheless he said it'll take around two weeks for someone else to fix that which is pathetic octotel would have someone else call out either on the day or the next one but anyways hopefully it'll be done in the week because I genuinely don't want to pay pro rata for two full months now
 
Ah the 2 B numbers problem. I deal quite a bit with it and sadly the only people that can deal with it is the ISP. They have to escalate and email the area or even their accounts manager to get a response. Normally happens inside complexes, it can take a while. Just sit on Urban X to keep pushing.

Edit: There is No way anyone outside can get ahold of those responsible in Openserve
And these guys want to be your ISP as well LOL
 
I don't sell fibre. If you're not in my tiny network range I forward people onto either Websquad or Cool Ideas. Or Level 7.
I was referring to Openserve
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X