Opera 64 offers drastically improved loading speeds

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Opera 64 offers drastically improved loading speeds

Opera has launched the latest version of its browser, Opera 64, which it claims offers users page loading speeds that are 76% faster than before.

The company said that these speed improvements are due to the efficiency of its privacy features, which include a new tracker blocker and an improved ad-blocker.

Thor

Honorary Master
Opera feels dog slow - takes ages to open up and I have 64GB ram

falcon786

Executive Member
Opera feels dog slow - takes ages to open up and I have 64GB ram
I have 4gb ram on windows 7 and around 30 tabs open most times,it's as fast as any other browser in my experience.

I also use it on my home laptop with windows 10 and 16gb of ram there feels pretty quick there too btw.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Tried the new Opera. Something about it doesn't do it for me. And I'm not impressed that without my permission it pulled all my Chrome bookmarks and made itself my default browser. Yeah, I'm sure they really value privacy.

terencej

Expert Member
I've been using Opera GX for a while. I like it! It's fast and no, I don't know what advertising some is talking about.
Comes with built in adblocker and a vpn. Side bar for quick access to watsapp and telegram.

falcon786

Executive Member
I've been using Opera GX for a while. I like it! It's fast and no, I don't know what advertising some is talking about.
Comes with built in adblocker and a vpn. Side bar for quick access to watsapp and telegram.
I'm also lost,I've been using Opera for a while now and I have absolutely no idea what ads they're talking about?:oops:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
No thanks. Will rather use Brave but giving Firefox a fair chance for now.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Thanks Supersunbird. When the adds started getting hectic. Rooted and add blocker changed to Via Browser. Have not tried this apk. Will give it a bash later on.

falcon786

Executive Member
Thanks Supersunbird. When the adds started getting hectic. Rooted and add blocker changed to Via Browser. Have not tried this apk. Will give it a bash later on.
This a pc browser which is great,I don't bother with OPERA on my phone at all.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I actually decided to try Opera for a week. So far so good.

One nifty feature is that it takes you to the top of the page if you click on the tab you are currently viewing, and back to where you were reading on the page if you click it again