OS 6 On Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

robertwj

I Installed OS 6 on my curve 3G last night and i noticed my phone slowing down alot, especially when multitasking.
My Battery life is not as good as when i was using OS 5.

Anybody load OS on their 9300's? Did you experience has problems at all?

If this persists I'm thinking of just reverting back to OS 5 but i really like the look and feel of OS 6 so much.

Thanks

MR.C

Expert Member
I experience bad battery life when using 3G and obviously when using THIS forum cos I sometimes open up to 9 tabs at a time.

robertwj

Next upgrade will defiantly be a higher spec blackberry.

So Im not the only one with bad batt life with this OS?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
My curve came with os6 so I don't have any experience running 5 on it but battery life didnt seem particularly bad while I was using it.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Its the version of OS6 your using, some of them had battery drain issues and memory leaks, the worst of all being the official release. .024 i think it was and then .576. I switched up to .600 a few weeks back and that is a legend.

Although yes like bwana i never even wasted my time with OS5, all the new features and abilities of OS6 make the minute lifespan loss and higher memory usage way way WAY more than worth it.
I have however switched over to android now and what a difference, i forgot how phones were really supposed to work and what it was to have no limits or restrictions to what u wanted to do.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Its the version of OS6 your using, some of them had battery drain issues and memory leaks, the worst of all being the official release. .024 i think it was and then .576. I switched up to .600 a few weeks back and that is a legend.

Although yes like bwana i never even wasted my time with OS5, all the new features and abilities of OS6 make the minute lifespan loss and higher memory usage way way WAY more than worth it.
I have however switched over to android now and what a difference, i forgot how phones were really supposed to work and what it was to have no limits or restrictions to what u wanted to do.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but do you have a download link to the above version of OS6? Would like to install it onto my fianc*ée's 9300.