out and about

blunomore

Honorary Master
See?

For me, that would bug me. I know it's a personal thing and you're good - but I saw my girlfriend more than when we de dated and lived 20km apart.

We are based in Jhb and the clients are all over the country, so however much it 'bugs' me, we need to keep our business running :)

Hosehead

Executive Member
The problem with partners attending support groups is that there is no fixed schedule- They attend when they feel like it. I would put my foot down if it was more than 3 nights per week and ask why they can't rather do morning groups instead. I mean at 7am I'm fast asleep, so I couldn't care...

Jewelbox

Expert Member
What would you do in the following situation:

You and your partner live together. Your partner attends a support group 2 or 3 nights a week (home by 9pm). Do you shut down and say you never see your partner and therefore its never going work? Do you accept it? Do you encourage it?

How do you react?

Bare in mind that this 'support group' is not a social event but rather a series of meetings designed to aid and support recovery.
Why don't you go with your partner to the support group?

Devill

Damned
What would you do in the following situation:

You and your partner live together. Your partner attends a support group 2 or 3 nights a week (home by 9pm). Do you shut down and say you never see your partner and therefore its never going work? Do you accept it? Do you encourage it?

How do you react?

Bare in mind that this 'support group' is not a social event but rather a series of meetings designed to aid and support recovery.
Go with once or twice a week and then make sure my partner treats me to something over the weekend :)