ownCloud

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Found something interesting: A host your own cloud kind of project.

Still pretty early on, but it looks promising. I've been looking for a way to store info (on my own terms) long term anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OwnCloud

Now with Raspberry Pi & Microservers becoming more popular this could really take off.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

fskmh

Expert Member
I'm running 3.0.3 on one of my servers at work. Very easy to install and works fine with Firefox/Chrome as well as the Android client. I didn't bother installing the desktop client because it works fine with WebDAV.

Hemps

Executive Member
Cant download the server install files, Object not found and i have tried 3 computers.

Edit: tried at home it worked, must of been work proxy issues.

Last edited:

nelwa

Expert Member
I've been using it for around a year now, and am pretty happy with it as long as your internet connection is stable. On 3G it performed below par, but since I'm on FTTH (2 months), it is awesome.

static_sa

I setup NextCloud to mess around with. It's pretty nice that you can send files that sits on nextcloud via whatsapp from your phone

MavChat

Can run it on a Raspberry Pi at home and with the Android app it will automatically backup your photos when you join the network. Takes a bit of tweaking but it works well.