Payment Gateways

Zertop

Expert Member
Hi All

I am doing a project for a client with a very low monthly subscription (R10/month). Does anybody have any recommendations regarding payment gateways? I usually use payfast, however their R2 fee is quite a large percentage for such small amounts.

Thanks!

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Have you contacted Payfast to find out if they're able to offer some sort of discount on the transaction cost?
Next on the list would be SagePay

Zertop

Expert Member
I haven't yet, I presumed their pricing was fixed. Will do, thanks!

Geekd

Geekd Rep
Hey
if you speak to them they will match the competitor pricing if they feel you will be with them for a long time

Thor

Honorary Master
Hi All

I am doing a project for a client with a very low monthly subscription (R10/month). Does anybody have any recommendations regarding payment gateways? I usually use payfast, however their R2 fee is quite a large percentage for such small amounts.

Thanks!
Paygate

Write your own... bank SFTP and then build a subscription module to remind people for the payments or do you want a debit order thing?

Zertop

Expert Member
Went with paygenius. Used their Dev API and set up my own payment backend. Such a pleasant service, and incredibly affordable.

adam_g

^ Yea i second paygenius we moved to it from payfast as the fees were killing us.

Doing the math we will save a good couple R100 p/m from payfast.

We integrated into whmcs with their API.

Only thing i dont really like is your money will only be paid out once it hits 5k and if not you cannot request a manual payout via the portal. You need to email them which kind of sucks.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
^ Yea i second paygenius we moved to it from payfast as the fees were killing us.

Doing the math we will save a good couple R100 p/m from payfast.

We integrated into whmcs with their API.

Only thing i dont really like is your money will only be paid out once it hits 5k and if not you cannot request a manual payout via the portal. You need to email them which kind of sucks.
Do they also have the "2 day" delays?

adam_g

Do they also have the "2 day" delays?
You can schedule 2 days in the week for them to payout and it can take upto 72 hours but the wallet must exceed R5000 to process the payout. if the amount is 5k+ payout is free

Anything below the threshold of R5000 you would need to email them and request an early payout which has a R10 EFT fee.