PC restarting on its own

joker08

Expert Member
My pc is just showing me the motherboard logo and then shuts down and restarts.
Left it off for a couple of minutes, pc started successfully, used it for a couple of minutes and then it started doing the same thing again.
Where do I start troubleshooting?

Nemus

Expert Member
Ram maybe? Change the slots or remove one and check with the other, rinse and repeat with other module.
HDD, check disk health with Sentinal, or similar..
What is the CPU temp?

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
My pc is just showing me the motherboard logo and then shuts down and restarts.
Left it off for a couple of minutes, pc started successfully, used it for a couple of minutes and then it started doing the same thing again.
Where do I start troubleshooting?
See your thread on carb, you have quite some advice already. Follow some of it and update so we can help you further.

Nate3268

Maybe your RAM, pop it out, clean it and if you have more than one test with 1 only, try different sticks.

joker08

Expert Member
Thanks for the help, its sorted. I just cleaned the dust on the PSU and it all started working magically.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
I have seen this with either CPU heat or a faulty Power supply. Really hard to test as you need other equipment to check.

joker08

Expert Member
Ok, so this time all I did was disconnected all cables only left the monitor keyboard and mouse and it's working again.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Worst part is even if I check with other equipment it won't pin point the fault because it doesnt occur frequently

Exactly, had the same issue a few years ago, lost my temper and built a new system.

joker08

Expert Member
Ok so here is the rest of the story.
Pc Sent to wootware. They couldn't find any fault, was running fine at their end. Returned pc back to me.
I used it for an hour, pc restarting again.
They said possibly its a power issue, try in another house, no change same issue. Captured a video -
Emailed wootware, sent pc back to them.
Now they are again saying it's running fine.

I dont know what to do. Either they are lying or the pc doesn't like me.
What proof/tests can I ask from them ?

agentrfr

Expert Member
Indulge me and take off CPU cooler, repaste the thermal compound, apply CPU cooler with correct torque

It could be the room you're using it in is hotter than their ACed test room and the cooler isnt on correctly

agentrfr

Expert Member
** Does it crash if you run Prime95 on max heat mode for 20 minutes?

joker08

Expert Member
** Does it crash if you run Prime95 on max heat mode for 20 minutes?
That's the thing, PC is with wootware. At my house it just crashes ( in the video I posted ) but they are saying it doesn't crash when they are testing.
This was their reply when I asked them what tests they have run "Thus far we have been running tests like 3DMark, Prime95, AIDA64 and more"
What do I ask them to do or what proof I can ask from them to be sure ?