People caught for speeding may face no consequences

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Motorists can ask to see the calibration certificate for the speed measuring equipment used when they are pulled over for speeding.

You may also ask to see the operator’s certificate for the person operating the speed measuring equipment.

In addition to certificates specific to speed measurement, a motorist may also ask to see the officer’s appointment certificate as a peace officer.
Good to know. :thumbsup:

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
More wasted. Money viva another tender and more gravy.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Dembovsky emphasised that should you choose to request these certificates, you must remain polite at all times.

“If any one of them is not produced, don’t get into an argument about it, simply note it for your defence,” said Dembovsky.
They're usually the ones that gets "funny" and start arguing when they can't produce anything you asked for.

geezer

Expert Member
Are people paying fines now?
Always have and always will if I know that I was speeding. Since I started driving in 1980, I have had a total of ±8 speeding tickets so far.

Swa

Honorary Master
Same will happen with their "new" breathaliser.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Dembovsky emphasised that should you choose to request these certificates, you must remain polite at all times.
Why?

I'm only polite to people who are polite to me...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So if a speedcop comes to your door and says hey boer, give me your fscking license. What would you do
Ask him if he's colour blind cos I'm not white, and then give him my license.

But he shouldn't expect a fake smile to go with it...

WorldWarII

Dont give them your license. They wont give it back if you want to drive away