Phones with Carrier Aggregation

chakniks

Good day,

I was wondering how many known mobile phones support carrier aggregation with Rain? May we please reply with the device name and post the speeds we are getting with such devices

chakniks

Samsung S7, S8, S9,S10
Thanks for your response. I was checking online for the Chinese phones and was wondering if Xiaomi Redmi note 7 and Mi 8 works as well? Any info on these would be appreciated

Geselskap

Let me know if this app shares any useful data/info to help with handset CA (Carrier Aggregation) data.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Thanks for your response. I was checking online for the Chinese phones and was wondering if Xiaomi Redmi note 7 and Mi 8 works as well? Any info on these would be appreciated
Pretty sure it does, lemme check quick
Doesnt seem to work with Note 7

Last edited:

chakniks

Pretty sure it does, lemme check quick
Doesnt seem to work with Note 7
Indeed the Redmi Note 7 seems to be having issues with CA with any networks in general.
I had hoped this was fixed with a software update or something. Such a shame because the Snapdragon 660 actually supports this feature

My oneplus 6t has CA on rain
Please post some speed tests if you don't mind

Arthur

Honorary Master
Sorry to piggyback on this thread ~ I have a mifi device (Inseego 8800L Jetpack) that supports 4G LTE carrier aggregation. I've only ever connected to Telkom which of course won't aggregate. Does RAIN support carrier aggregation? If so, I should probably sign up and give it a spin.

Last edited:

chakniks

Sorry to piggyback on this thread ~ I have a mifi device (Inseego 8800L Jetpack) that supports 4G LTE carrier aggregation. I've only ever connected to Telkom which of course won't aggregate. Does RAIN support carrier aggregation? If so, I should probably sign up and give it a spin.
Based on input from Leno and cavedog, rain does support CA.
Obviously area specific but any phone or router that cvan doe carrier aggregation for Band 1 and Band 38/41 can get nice speeds.

However the mifi you are using doesn't seem to support band 38 or 41, you might need another device if you want to enjoy rain CA

Arthur

Honorary Master
Based on input from Leno and cavedog, rain does support CA.

However the mifi you are using doesn't seem to support band 38 or 41, you might need another device if you want to enjoy rain CA
Thank-you, @chakniks. And thanks for giving RAIN's bands. You've even looked up the device and checked its specs. What a gent you are.

LTE Bands: B4/B5/B7/B13/B14*/B20/B28/B46/B48/B66
UMTS Bands: B1/B2/B5/B8

No point, then, in giving RAIN a spin. Fortunately I bought the Jetpack for mobile use in the USA, and will be there again next month.

Back to thread topic. Am curious to see which devices support CA on RAIN.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have yet to see a mifi or router that supports b3+b41 aggregation.

There might be a Russian version of a Huawei router but not too sure.

Leno

Expert Member
Please post some speed tests if you don't mind

I dont have the sim in the phone now its all setup in my router but I did a speed test previously:

chakniks

I dont have the sim in the phone now its all setup in my router but I did a speed test previously:

Thanks Leno. That speed is amazing, I can image it would be more that enough for most purposes

Leno

Expert Member
Yeah its great speeds, if I could force Android to keep the usb hotspot option enabled (its not by default) I would use it instead of my normal router

Leno

Expert Member
wanted to play around on the oneplus today but it seems CA isnt working on rain in PE today

chakniks

Yeah its great speeds, if I could force Android to keep the usb hotspot option enabled (its not by default) I would use it instead of my normal router
If you go into developer options, there is a setting for default usb configuration where you can set it to usb tethering and anytime you connect your phone to the pc it will start tethering.

wanted to play around on the oneplus today but it seems CA isnt working on rain in PE today
Its very unfortunate, I hope to see the day when all networks and locations support CA feature.
Hopefully when we finally switch to Digital tv, networks will get more resources and beef up their platforms to support the latest and greatest tech