Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Card.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Anybody got one yet.

I got mine in store and registered on the PnP website where you can check the amount of point you collected.

Once you’ve collected 1000 points, you can switch to cash on your card at the kiosk in store, which you can spend on your next shop OR share your points by letting us donate to charity on your behalf.

So I've been told that for every R1 you spend you earn a point. So if you spend R500 you get 500 points.

It doesn't sound right or maybe it works like eBucks.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Ghost29

I must admit thought that this smart shopper thing pisses me off. I know some guy in marketing thought he was so smart when he came up with it, but asking me whether I am a smart shopper (and for me to be expected to answer no) just grates me. I am actually a smart shopper, I just don't have your damn card!

Rant over.

KSINGH

Executive Member
I would usually spend R500 for one trip.so that's only R5 off.so for a month its maybe R 20 off.Hmmm.

MickeyD

RIP
Went shopping at PnP yesterday. No more cards left. Come back some time next week (maybe)... tough. Well tough to them too.

Friggs

Slightly OT

Anyone seen the latest Shoprite add? They keep using the word SMART saying that SMART people shop where the prices are lower and that they are SMART in the way they do business to save you money, etc. Maybe I am just imagining things but seemed like it was pretty intentional, lol.

Carbon_Fibre

Expert Member
I also got one the other day. But more importantly I'm quite chuffed about the 10% cash back at pnp on discovery vitality + card.

blunomore

Honorary Master
I also got one the other day. But more importantly I'm quite chuffed about the 10% cash back at pnp on discovery vitality + card.

Vitality confuses me, because some other poster were referring to a 25% discount or cash back at PnP or something like that.

Anyone that can clear that up ?

Carbon_Fibre

Expert Member
Vitality confuses me, because some other poster were referring to a 25% discount or cash back at PnP or something like that.

Anyone that can clear that up ?

For PnP, It's 25% cash back on certain healthy food purchases like vegetables. Otherwise it's 10% (or a bit more maybe +/- 12% if your are diamond status)

blunomore

Honorary Master
For PnP, It's 25% cash back on certain healthy food purchases like vegetables. Otherwise it's 10% (or a bit more maybe +/- 12% if your are diamond status)

And the cash back .... does it simply translate into an immediate 25% discount on your bill at PNP? I.e. you pay less at the cashier?

superskully

Expert Member

Its 25% of healthy foods - veges, fruit, canned goods, breat chicken, cereals.....
There after its 5-10% on the entire total.

And you get it cash back once a month on your card.

sutekj

And the cash back .... does it simply translate into an immediate 25% discount on your bill at PNP? I.e. you pay less at the cashier?
They deduct it from next month's credit card bill. If you log onto discovery.co.za, you can see how much cash you've got back each month.