Planning for December (Lockdown)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Given that the ANC government response to the pandemic can only be stricter lockdown regulations as infections rise, would it be unreasonable to assume that the ANC will again close beaches & 100m restrictions around water bodies, come December 2021?

• Sad
Reactions: 3WA

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
What we have learnt so far through this pandemic is History Does Repeat Itself

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Making plans that far in advance would be unwise.

Best advice I can offer is to stay in Jnb regardless.
How is it unwise? It's difficult to secure accomodation closer to the time.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
How is it unwise? It's difficult to secure accomodation closer to the time.
How is it unwise? Have you learnt nothing about the way the government is handling Covid?

But go right ahead and book if you think it won't be an issue.

B-1

Expert Member
If you can avoid the peaks the risk should be lower. Its mostly from the 16th that they start banning things.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Given that the ANC government response to the pandemic can only be stricter lockdown regulations as infections rise, would it be unreasonable to assume that the ANC will again close beaches & 100m restrictions around water bodies, come December 2021?
Let me not be one of the dose here. Looking at Gauteng, by then it would have spread through all the provinces like a veld fire. So i guess there won't be any harsh lockdowns this December.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
How is it unwise? Have you learnt nothing about the way the government is handling Covid?

I have. It's clear that the ANC is not intending to be proactive; there's no way for fixing 27 years of public healthcare deriliction in the short term and it's not financially viable for private healthcare to prepare for "waves".

Hence the question since I don't want to be pessimistic.

marbro

I personally am not making plans for december.

im broke, but also i dont want to lose a deposit.

I will almost put money on it that there will be a small lockdown of sorts in december

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
We made that mistake December 2020.. got there 2 days in, no more beaches etc. Yea. Make booking etc.. but be prepared to be fcked over.

I think this year it will be same.... if not worse.

saor

Honorary Master
Hence the question since I don't want to be pessimistic.
Wait until this blows over until making any big plans, especially if you're booking things (flights, hotels etc.). Holiday can probably wait until a better time (ie. things aren't a cluster****). Chill at home and braai.

saor

Honorary Master

Surprising that anyone who's been around for the last year & a half is even considering booking holidays. Kakkest time ever to be thinking about this.

George Netherby

Expert Member
We did a mad trip in Dec 2020. Lesotho via Sani, into the Eastern Cape via Qachas border post, and down to the Garden route. Still went to the beach and fished the estuaries till swambo was moody(lol). That coastline is simply to large for the understaffed SAPS in the region. There were loads of people defying the stupid beach restrictions. This year we are going to the bosveld. No chance we're staying in Gauteng. We did it once, the whole time It felt that we were wasting my hard earned leave.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Look no-one really knows - I mean even now they haven't closed beaches.
Book places that only require payment much closer to the check-in time (booking.com is pretty good with that), or offer full refund options. Many great deals to be had out there.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Booking through Lekkeslaap, 100% refund for when the fckerment fcks up. Or you can postpone - Did that with my Marloth Park trip. Would have gone their this Saturday.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Booking through Lekkeslaap, 100% refund for when the fckerment fcks up. Or you can postpone - Did that with my Marloth Park trip. Would have gone their this Saturday.
Was considering postponing my weekend away mid July. No way the bans are going to be lifted after the "14 days". So going away but cannot eat out or visit the Robertson Wine route. Still I'm going to make the best of it :mad:

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Was considering postponing my weekend away mid July. No way the bans are going to be lifted after the "14 days". So going away but cannot eat out or visit the Robertson Wine route. Still I'm going to make the best of it :mad:
I moved to mid August. Will see what is the situation then. For me it''s fcked up to go to a place and you can't make use of all the facilities.
Fok jou Ramanaai