Please give me a better solution than telkom Monice

barneythedinosaur

I require data deals such as telkom monice, with the same rates., but without the ever so constant annoying issues
associated with monice, can anyone tell me if there is a better solution than telkom monice.

argh

I require data deals such as telkom monice, with the same rates., but without the ever so constant annoying issues
associated with monice, can anyone tell me if there is a better solution than telkom monice.
Depends on your data needs & preferences. Some ideas:
1) Cell C prepaid Gb valid for 1 year, cheapest bundle gives a cost of R10/Gb. 2) Look at monthly LTE data options from ISPs. Examples are Afrihost, Axxess, Mweb, Webafrica, Vox, Supersonic. 3) Look at monthly data otpions, and 24-month contracts for mobile data and LTE data, at the 4 cellular providers (MTN, Cell C, Telkom, Vodacom). 4) Consider Fibre for heavy data use.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Telkom 30 + 30 GB September deal with 24-month contract for R199 or month to month, also 30 + 30 GB for R199.

msmoorad

i have a Redmi Note 4 and it works fine on the Telkom network.
a few weeks ago i bought a new Redmi Note 9s because the Note 4 had fallen and the screen was cracked.
with my new phone, everything is ok except for the Mo'nice data.
when my SIM is in the Note 9, it DOES NOT detect the Monice data & i keep getting the Out of Bundle message.
but i have LOTS of data.
when i remove my SIM & put it into the Note 4, it works smoothly- no problems.
what to do?
Telkom is USELESS when it comes to issues that their staff find even slightly complicated.

Totempole

Expert Member
i have a Redmi Note 4 and it works fine on the Telkom network.
a few weeks ago i bought a new Redmi Note 9s because the Note 4 had fallen and the screen was cracked.
with my new phone, everything is ok except for the Mo'nice data.
when my SIM is in the Note 9, it DOES NOT detect the Monice data & i keep getting the Out of Bundle message.
but i have LOTS of data.
when i remove my SIM & put it into the Note 4, it works smoothly- no problems.
what to do?
Telkom is USELESS when it comes to issues that their staff find even slightly complicated.

It sounds like the Sim is roaming on the Vodacom Network. You can try to manually switch it back to Telkom's 4G network (Go to settings > Sim Cards and Mobile Networks > TelkomSA > Mobile Networks, and turn off Select Network Automatically) let it search for Networks, it may take a few minutes.

Then choose either TelkomSA 4G or 3G.

Or you can force the sim not to roam via the *180# menu. The downside is that since a phone is a mobile device, you may run into areas where there's no Telkom signal and if it can't roam you won't be able to receive calls.

msmoorad

Still not working. I read something about disabling the Out Of Bundle redirect..but cant find out how to do that

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
It sounds like the Sim is roaming on the Vodacom Network. You can try to manually switch it back to Telkom's 4G network (Go to settings > Sim Cards and Mobile Networks > TelkomSA > Mobile Networks, and turn off Select Network Automatically) let it search for Networks, it may take a few minutes.

Then choose either TelkomSA 4G or 3G.

Or you can force the sim not to roam via the *180# menu. The downside is that since a phone is a mobile device, you may run into areas where there's no Telkom signal and if it can't roam you won't be able to receive calls.
That won't work, it's "transparent" roaming, your phone won't know that it's not on the Telkom network.
This is probably a case of Telkom/Vodacom messing up in regards to the tower in their area.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That won't work, it's "transparent" roaming, your phone won't know that it's not on the Telkom network.
This is probably a case of Telkom/Vodacom messing up in regards to the tower in their area.
There were so many complaints that telkom came up with the *180# option so you can completely disable roaming.

msmoorad

Yes, that has sorted it out..the *180# .and disabling roaming
Thanks guys.

Reactions: Yuu