Please Rate Cybersmart

Rate Cybersmart, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Good

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Average

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Cybersmart based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cybersmart does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

COMPUTEK

Expert Member
Selected excellent as I'm happy 90% of the time (ADSL)

@CyberSmart Hoping they have plans to bring a 10Mbps Vuma fiber option to my area, bacause after Vuma cancelled all 4Mbps packages, I can not afford to jump all the way to 20Mbps (also not needed as im not a heavy user/downloader)

If not, my rating for them might change, and I'll then have to jump ship :crying:

I voted average.

On 100/100 fibre, network quality is good and I don't often have issues. I actually get slightly faster speeds on it than I used to at a different address on Cool Ideas.

Value for money is good, if you plan to use them for a while. You do pay the connection fee which Cool Ideas don't charge you for, but they were R100 pm cheaper when I compared.

Now, for the poor part.
A Tuesday some time ago, my internet goes down, and the "connection" light on the CPE goes out. I call them to log a call. 2 - 3 days they say.
2 days goes by, and Thursday my wife calls them, and they say they will escalate.
2 more days goes by, and on the Saturday she calls again. They have no record of the call on Thursday, and closed the ticket I logged on Tuesday, because other people in the area had problems, and their issues have been sorted out.
They (or probably Vuma) sends someone out that Sunday to fix it.

They also would not allow transferring the account from my wife's name to mine without us having to pay the connection fee as well.

jtr

Email support is atrocious. Until they can actually provide a decent level of service here, they should shutdown it down asap. Telephone support is managed better.

pieter_g

Excellent - best ISP I've had!
Minimal if any downtime experienced and their service via email and phone is outstanding with constant updates provided.

Iceking

I love Cybersmart, I've been with them for years and I won't change. There Call agents are very helpful and friendly. There isn't much downtime with them. They response time is really good.
It's a shame my area does not offer Fibre, maybe Cybersmart could assist with that and bring it to my area.

me_

Excellent - Haven't had any of the evening slowdowns I read about with other ISPs. Always get rock-solid performance and largely trouble free.

stroebs

Expert Member
Currently a Lightspeed subscriber and the performance of the service is nothing less than excellent. The installation was scheduled and done very quickly and professionally.

Caveat: I haven't dealt with their support staff in the last few years so can't comment on support.