Please Rate Cybersmart

Rate Cybersmart, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Good

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Fair

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Cybersmart based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cybersmart does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

stroebs

Expert Member
I am with Cybersmart Lightspeed in the CPT CBD. The only issue I’ve experienced was a fibre break on their City Fibre backbone. City Fibre breached their SLA by 40+ hours and all Cybersmart could do was throw their hands up. It’a an unacceptable excuse that it’s City Fibre’s fault. Get off your lazy backside, phone the area manager and get it fixed, regardless of the day or time.

Aside from this, paying R899/mo for 450Mbps (download) uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled is an absolute dream.

Last edited:

JouPa

So far they are excellent, problems are far between, and when there is 1 they are quick to give feedback and fix it

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Mostly good, almost never have issues but when I do it takes about 10 minutes of convincing them that I have an account with them before they can help me.

Roostbuster

Have had some moments..like when a debit order of R24000 was run on my bank account (they reckoned I had 'topped' up an uncapped ADSL product with more gigs at R99 a gig.. but otherwise all good so far

DSG GTI

Zero issues to date ... except the time when there was Vumatel downtime. Overall the service is brilliant.

Madara

Registration was a bit of hassle(getting sent from pillar to post), but it's going ok so far aside from that.

Spamtheman

There doesn't appear to have been a decrease in the data rate in the last 3 years despite the increase in traffic sent through NAPAfrica and the reduction in international traffic costs.

Other than that, I'm very happy.

Johnmac

I have been with SAOL for a number of years and when they changed to Cybersmart I stayed with them because I get a pretty efficient service at a reasonable rate.

StevenC

Expert Member
Perfect timing on these surveys. Cybersmart are currently wrapping installation at the complex I live at, and while I have been super impressed by the rep I have been in communication with, it's always great to get the perspective from users of the service. Appreciate the submitted feedback in this thread so far, and in fact I just finished signing up. Soon™ :cool:

On a side note, I had a rep from Vox phone me today (currently ADSL Fatpipe subscriber) to let me know my building now has fibre. I politely informed him that due to the awful support I received just a couple of weeks ago, they had lost a customer on the spot solely to that interaction. :X3:

Gringo7

I've been with Cybersmart for 3 years and have not had any issues with my line. Only once about a year ago when there was a line broken by construction companies and they repaired it within 5 hours. They have brilliant service

StevenC

Expert Member
Now happily a Cybersmart customer after the installers came today.
I have been impressed by the professionalism of pre-sales and the installers (who are actually Cybersmart employees in that role, instead of sub-contractors).
I have put the line through it's paces today, and so far I am impressed with download speeds and latency to EU servers for multiple games. Local is fairly nice as well.