Please Rate Supersonic

Rate Supersonic, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Good

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Average

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Supersonic based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Supersonic does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Reactions: Yuu

LandyMan

Executive Member
The problem with Supersonic is that they took over Smart Village, which was a disaster from day one.
Recent months have seen some improvement, however their support function is still lacking.
If the network works, it works well (for most people), but if something goes wrong, the only way for me to get a speedy resolution is to escalate to the MD.

phil77

Supersonic wants to charge me a "clawback" fee on a free trial that i cancelled. Apparently Ts and Cs changed after i had signed up with them and now i'm liable.

TheFriendlyGhost

Expert Member
Supersonic works well in the Estate that I live in. I get what I pay for with very little issues. They have recently rolled out a hardware upgrade and that went okay - it could've been a lot better, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of post-upgrade testing carried out which resulted in a few unhappy people.

That being said, our estate being part of a bigger estate, has true FTTH and the other estates within this area have fibre to the electrical distribution on the roadside and then copper to the actual building and this causes a lot of issues for those subscribers. Since the Supersonic take-over, they have been striving to better their service and response times

Edd69

Pathetic customer service.... Thank goodness I didnt move to them...

golfer

Actual fibre is great and tech support is good, Admin by MTN is a struggle

LandyMan

Executive Member
Supersonic works well in the Estate that I live in. I get what I pay for with very little issues. They have recently rolled out a hardware upgrade and that went okay - it could've been a lot better, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of post-upgrade testing carried out which resulted in a few unhappy people.

That being said, our estate being part of a bigger estate, has true FTTH and the other estates within this area have fibre to the electrical distribution on the roadside and then copper to the actual building and this causes a lot of issues for those subscribers. Since the Supersonic take-over, they have been striving to better their service and response times
Midstream, right? :)

TheFriendlyGhost

Expert Member
Midstream, right? :)
:D oddly enough, I have had a 97% / 98% uptime, with a 20MB up and down fairly consistent. The one time that I was out for a day that was not SV related was when the electrician cut through the fibre when they were link the stand next to me to the distribution box. They packed up and left without telling anyone. SV came out and then notified me. MES came out thereafter and pulled a new fibre core through and billed the developer.

The other issue was when they were busy with the Midlands upgrades - that lasted a day as well.

LandyMan

Executive Member
:D oddly enough, I have had a 97% / 98% uptime, with a 20MB up and down fairly consistent. The one time that I was out for a day that was not SV related was when the electrician cut through the fibre when they were link the stand next to me to the distribution box. They packed up and left without telling anyone. SV came out and then notified me. MES came out thereafter and pulled a new fibre core through and billed the developer.

The other issue was when they were busy with the Midlands upgrades - that lasted a day as well.
I have had less issues on CAT5 lately than the guys on FTTH ... now they want to change mine to FTTH .. not sure I want that :)

peanutbunny

Signed up for their free trial, which their sales agents told me at the time it's obligation free, and I can cancel if I'm not happy, when I decided to cancel I got told i would be charged a cancellation fee , yet T&C's mentioned it's an obligation free trial.

Really dishonest and unethical company.

ghostpops

I rated pathetic because I applied for my package selecting openserve which is the only provider in our area.

No one acknowledged my application or contacted me

Four days later I called them, waiting 30 minutes to speak to the right person.

After the gentleman confirmed my order he asked if I want octotel... No I want openserve because thats whats available in my area and what I selected in my package.

Two weeks pass and their black hole of a whatsapp support channel left me so frustrated that I called them today and lo and behold: they loaded it for octotel. Octotel never actioned an install because its not available. They just left it an no one replied to my questions in whatsapp.

So glad I cancelled before they installed.

Ayatolla

Originally rated 'Good' because of the freel trial, but changed it to 'Pathetic' after I heard they changed the T&C to include a clawback fee clause as mentioned by @phil77.

Welly

Communication has to be improved, and not just let you hang. Installation can be timed much better, and not wait 3 days after the line was installed to get the router. Shame on you SS, others do the whole install at the same time and when they leave you are up and running.
so far the line is running well, speed is great for far no issues yet.