Please Rate Webafrica

Rate Webafrica, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Good

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Average

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 17.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Webafrica based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Webafrica does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

What they do well - Up time is unbelieveable!
Where they can improve - on the very rare occasion that you experience connectivity issues (once in two years) I find it strange that their tech support is not a 24/7 operation.

Excellent service and pricing is competitive - although got a random price increase passed on supposedly from Vumatel that other service providers in the same area absorbed.

Bongosmama

I've had pretty great service from Webafrica. Outages are well-communicated and fixed fast. I didn't mind the recent price increase - but when they took my line from 20/20 to 20/2 without asking me (thus forcing me to get a much more expensive package) I had enough. Moving to Vox on the 20th of this month.

HvRooyen

Uptime, quality of service - excellent.
Customer support is OK, but the fake empathy they load on when you contact them is really irritating. To quote from a recent exchange:

"Oh no!! I can see how this might have created some alarm from your end.
Let me see what I can do to help you."

I sh#t you not.

Goosfrabba

Only been with them for month now, but have had no real issues. Everything working well. When signing up I made a point of using their 'contact us' page on their website and got a response rather quickly. When they say they will call back, they actually call back.

Service is fantastic , line is constantly stable and on occasion I get double the download speed I'm supposed to get (48 MB/s on a 200mb/s line :p). Support is always helpful even when the problem was caused by me messing around.

MalicE

Been with Web Africa for many years now and will for many more. Always good service and competitive prices. Only issues I've ever had was with billing, mainly when changing packages. But that's few and far between and usually resolved in a timely fashion. #WA4Life

They may wait 2 or 3 days to notify fibre provider of a line faul (esp. over weekend).This ensures days of unnecessary downtime.

Vengeful

Uptime as people have suggested is good. I have never had issues with them since adsl days. Even now with Fibre, still awesome.

Their support system is pathetic though (attempted to help 2 friends). Incompetence breeds within WebAfrica. Their support department are truly people who have 0 knowledge about anything. If you ever have a problem, you should rather move to a new ISP than deal with their support department.

ONE person does not deal with your ticket, its who ever is on duty that time. No follow ups, countless useless Traceroutes and Pings requested and speed tests. So yeah, if they actually learn a new diagnostic method, then perhaps their support will be better, until then, PRAY YOU NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM.