PnP selling citrus specifically for gin

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Will still rather puke than drink Gin, but ...

Pick n Pay - one of South Africa’s largest retailers - is selling a combination of citrus specifically paired to use with gins at over 200 of its stores.
The R44.99 citrus combination, named “PnP citrus for gin”, has caused a minor commotion on social media, with users describing it as the “most Cape Town thing” they’ve seen.
Pick n Pay spokesperson Janine Caradonna said the citrus pairing of one grapefruit, two limes, and two lemons was launched just before Christmas.

Due to its popularity it will be rolled out to additional stores soon, she said.

“Gin continues to be a favourite with customers and we wanted to enhance their gin experience over and above offering them an increasing range of tonics options,” Caradonna told Business Insider South Africa.
Twitter user @eimaj_j, who spotted the pairing at Pick n Pay Montclare in Cape Town, said it was the “most Cape Town thing” she’s seen.

The selections of citrus in the bag each offer a unique flavour and accompaniment to gin, Caradonna said.
“We recommend slicing the citrus, giving it a light squeeze to release some of its juice before placing it into the glass with ice and topping with your mixer of choice,” she said.

Source

maumau

Honorary Master
Seems that gin drinking is the done thing ATM. All sorts of concoctions available at the bottle store.

If I were a gin drinker I'd try it.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Seems that gin drinking is the done thing ATM. All sorts of concoctions available at the bottle store.

If I were a gin drinker I'd try it.
Yeah there is gin bar in durban umhlanga

Quite a variety of diff gins and mixes

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I discovered gin last year and it was my go to drink. I'm so gatvol of it now, I don't even want to see it.

maumau

Honorary Master
Yeah there is gin bar in durban umhlanga

Quite a variety of diff gins and mixes

The colours, flavours and shapes of bottles!

My niece has been doing the Gin Truck thing for about a year. When there's a function they trundle the trailer to the venue and sell various gins. Makes good money too.

gin-truck.jpg

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I love the bitter and sour stuff, so gin is right up my street. But this offering from p&p is a bit much.

Snyper564

Expert Member

CT_Biker

I am actually somewhat keen on this idea.

The Quinine in the tonic water/dry lemon stops this weird leg shake that I constantly have.

I just battle to get it down the hatch with anything other than Dry lemon.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
That is awesome.

I don't want to buy a whole bag of lemons or limes when doing cocktails or certain foods so this is much more approachable.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I am actually somewhat keen on this idea.

The Quinine in the tonic water/dry lemon stops this weird leg shake that I constantly have.

I just battle to get it down the hatch with anything other than Dry lemon.
Which gin are you struggling so much with? That's probably the issue right there.

Try the pink tonic or that cucumber one.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I like one Gin, but it is horribly expensive. It's a craft Gin as well.

I would get into it if Tanqueray or Bombay Blue was cheaper.
So it's expensive...but cheaper than Tanqueray and Bombay? Does not compute as expensive then.

Generally gin isn't a neat drink so maybe that's why you find it so bitter? It's always best with a mix.

CT_Biker

Which gin are you struggling so much with? That's probably the issue right there.

Try the pink tonic or that cucumber one.
A gift which I got as a gift from a small distillery in would stock which "beer based", horribly bitter but I actually mixed it with strawberries, frozen blueberries, mint, and tonic.

Tanqueray and Bombay is way more palatable than Gordons and Gilbeys, I usually chase with dry lemon though.

I'll give the Fitch and Leeds stuff a try, definitely.

Oh the craft Gin, when I checked the price it was around the R300 mark.