Police Clearance Certificate

weirdlemon

Hello,
I've applied for a police clearance certificate. How long does it take to be delivered to the police station?

Apparently my application was finalized on 31/12/2018.

Surv0

Executive Member
Its pretty quick, took me about 2-3 weeks 6 months ago. Make sure you arrange the courier as I think they dont do this anymore.

Surv0

Executive Member
The station made no mention of courrier method. Geez.
View attachment 599734

I remember a page on the wall saying they dont do the courier anymore and we need to arrange our own. Not sure if this is the case everywhere but yeah. It may be sitting there waiting for a courier to collect it.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
If you’re in JHB/Pretoria you can do it yourself. Do the fingerprinting and payment at your local police station then drive it through to the Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria. They are open 7 days a week and are very quiet on a Sunday. Friendly and efficient too.
All that an expediting service will do for you is the driving and so unless you are losing a day of income, R3500 is heavy.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
If you’re in JHB/Pretoria you can do it yourself. Do the fingerprinting and payment at your local police station then drive it through to the Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria. They are open 7 days a week and are very quiet on a Sunday. Friendly and efficient too.
All that an expediting service will do for you is the driving and so unless you are losing a day of income, R3500 is heavy.
For us down here in CT it is a different story... we have to wait for some clerk to get off their arse and do something.

I am also waiting for an un-abridged birth certificate for my son. Someone has to go and dig this out of archives in Pretoria.

I only have 6 - 7 months before this needs to be done and dusted.

TedLasso

Expert Member
I was about to pay someone to do it, but thinking to try this myself.

So if you don't mind, can I ask some questions about process to be 100% sure.:-
1. I go to closest station and do fingerprint, etc. I need to fill out this form here: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php (https://www.saps.gov.za/services/application_form_2019.pdf)

2. Go the CRC in PTA (I am thinking next Sunday) and pay them in case or something (looks like R59 is the cost) Sauce: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/flash/firearms/downloads/appl_pcc_edited.pdf

3. I then either wait on the day to get it or will I get it 7-14 days later?

Cheers and thanks in advance