Polo Gti Bluetooth Streaming Please Help

deliengs

Howsit guys..

A friend of mine picked up a Polo Gti last week and we were trying to get the Bluetooth streaming working so he can stream multimedia as well through the car audio..we have seen it in other vws so it is possible..

The bluetooth itself works good in terms of connecting to the telephone and answering calls etc.

When he connects it to bluetooth however it says connected to phone audio only instead of multimedia as well. His using a galaxy s4 which works as a multimedia streamer in other cars ao he knows its not the phone..

According to the manual the radio is an Rcd310..usually when connecting it will have a BT-AUDIO option but this is not there..

Is it perhaps that streaming is not available on the Polo.. which I doubt.

What could it be?
Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks!!

Dean

Expert Member
Howsit guys..

A friend of mine picked up a Polo Gti last week and we were trying to get the Bluetooth streaming working so he can stream multimedia as well through the car audio..we have seen it in other vws so it is possible..

The bluetooth itself works good in terms of connecting to the telephone and answering calls etc.

When he connects it to bluetooth however it says connected to phone audio only instead of multimedia as well. His using a galaxy s4 which works as a multimedia streamer in other cars ao he knows its not the phone..

According to the manual the radio is an Rcd310..usually when connecting it will have a BT-AUDIO option but this is not there..

What could it be?

Thanks!!

Have you enabled BT-AUDIO in the Menu? It's a once-off procedure whereby you have to switch it on the first time you use it.

And you can only select BT-AUDIO as an input once you're busy streaming a track on your phone.

Heres some help from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl3mwiDwJk

Last edited:

deliengs

Thanks foe your reply. .. yup he said that bluetooth audio source is on as well

upup

Executive Member

you say it work and then "not available."

Try another phone, also as this S4 is so advance, not always compatible with everything out there.

R13...

Honorary Master

you say it work and then "not available."

Try another phone, also as this S4 is so advance, not always compatible with everything out there.

You'd think A2DP is standard stuff and should just work with any device. That said, my droid won't pair with anything - on ICS and a friend of mine had a similar issue pairing his ics phone with his Merc

MR.C

Expert Member
My BB when linking to my Polo Vivo shows BT audio, Bt audio control and handsfree. That's the 3 bluetooth profiles that works on the cars sound.

Press the call button and see if its pairs with his device. If it does pair, you can get the sound playing by either going to your media on your phone and pressing play from there, the other option is to press source until streaming is selected. It might show pause while launching from the phone.

Good luck.

deliengs

Nope no custom rom.. his galaxy s4 works with bluetooth streaming in other cars as well..

You think it could be a problem with his polo?
Maybe deaker fault
Should work similar to polo vivo as well..

F

Fudzy

Nope no custom rom.. his galaxy s4 works with bluetooth streaming in other cars as well..

You think it could be a problem with his polo?
Maybe deaker fault
Should work similar to polo vivo as well..

Easiest way to determine that is if somebody with a different handset uses it and it doesn't work, there's your answer.

MaximusZA

Howsit guys..

What could it be?

Thanks!!

Did it work by default? i Know when i picked up my polo gti, VW said that i would have to pay for the Bluetooth to be enable? but if its working with other phones then i am sure thats not the case

deliengs

Did it work by default? i Know when i picked up my polo gti, VW said that i would have to pay for the Bluetooth to be enable? but if its working with other phones then i am sure thats not the case

Yup, well he made them fit it as an option when he ordered the car he says.
We tried his phone in a toyota yesterday with bluetooth setup and streamed like a beast. His looking for another device to stream with though

deliengs

Eish long wait, good luck!

So an update reagrding the bluetooth..

I went with him to VW today to see if it can be fixed. We tried with an S3,IPAD and Blackberry and all of them just connected to the phone audio and not the media as well.

They took the car in the replaced the bluetooth module with a new one and tried again and still nothing. We however tried with a nokia 5200 i think it was, it was one of the nokia music edition phones and that seemed to work.

So we still stumped and now they gonna back to him after trying in a tiguan.