Poor speeds on CellC

Lee31

Hi
I have a cellc contract and purchased 50GB for R500. My area is apparently under LTE coverage but I get extremely poor speeds. I can hardly use the data that I purchased.

Can the CellC rep assist. See speed test attached. 20201116_081541.jpg

epah

Expert Member
Cell C has gone to sh*ts, I have used them for 5 years in joburg and not a days problem, but for some reason their network has degraded. For me it started beginning of this month. Sometimes I lose network completely and phone says no service, I used my FNB sim which is also on the Cell c network and exact same issues. Network just dips throughout the day and when people try to call me it takes them to voice mail. Other networks work just fine and I am thinking about porting my number to something else.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day Epah

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please check if you network settings are on "Automatic", reboot your handset and see if the issue still persists.

^PN

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Thank you for posting to us.

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

^PN

epah

Expert Member
Good day Epah

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please check if you network settings are on "Automatic", reboot your handset and see if the issue still persists.

^PN

I have done all of that, didn’t help one bit, oh and my sim now has zero network, I called your call center and they told me to put the sim in another phone, I did but still zero network. I called them again and they said I should get a new sim and call them for a sim swap, I did that. One of the questions they asked during the sim swap was when I last recharged and for how much. I told them I last recharged from my FNB app on the 21st of October and they tell me the answer is wrong, according to your system I haven’t recharged in that past 4 months even though my FNB app was opened during all of this and I was looking at my recharge amount and date. I had recharged twice of the 21st of October but your agent decided to argue with me basically calling me a liar. She then told me there is nothing she can do and I should just go to the cell c store and do my sim swap there.

I have given up on cell c honestly. I am just gonna port my number . You guys have treated me amazingly well for the past 5 years but clearly things aren’t going well on your side. Cherio

newjourno

Expert Member
I've been using their bulk data details for the past three years when working remotely. I've never had major problems in Durban. However, it seems like there may be congestion after the 50gb for R500 deal was launched.