Port Forwarding & DMZ for PS4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I’ve tested this on both now, neither are recognizing the port as open. I also checked the same on both clients using my router’s IP, as well as my PS4’s IP (which is static) to no avail.
So try with PS4 in DMZ then test connectivity via the PS4 again, not via a reverse port scan.

S.Claus

Expert Member
@Kappie 17 What games are you trying to port forward for or just generally the PS4?

These are currently mine with a NAT Type 2 (only way to get NAT Type 1 is to dial PPPoE directly from the PS4) and an Open NAT on CoD:MW
PF.PNG

Kappie 17

So try with PS4 in DMZ then test connectivity via the PS4 again, not via a reverse port scan.
Thanks, I have tried this recently but have had no such luck. It seems my router might be the cause of the problem; it only allows me to specify one TCP&UDP rule, so as soon as I specify the 2nd of the three rules, it deletes the previous rule from the list. I'll try forward these ports through the CISP-supplied router instead and go from there. Thanks again.

Kappie 17

@Kappie 17 What games are you trying to port forward for or just generally the PS4?

These are currently mine with a NAT Type 2 (only way to get NAT Type 1 is to dial PPPoE directly from the PS4) and an Open NAT on CoD:MW
View attachment 884042
Primarily FO76/FIFA, but also the PS4 in general. I often seem to have problems joining friends' parties (based in Europe). Per the Sony website, I've tried forwarding the following ports (for general PS4 purposes):
  • TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
  • UDP: 3478, 3479
Again, as I mentioned to PB above, my router only allows me to specify one rule for both TCP&UDP :(