Post office undelivered parcels indefinitely

janpan

So we all know that receiving parcels via the post office is basically hit or miss, 1 in 10 chance you will receive your parcel and then hope nothing has been stolen from it.

However, sometimes it is unavoidable and you have to.

Last year, just before the lockdown started, it seemed that they were finally getting their ducks in a row. I would order items from wish, and would you believe, it actually arrived. Again, I ordered stuff from wished and it arrived! Amazing.

However, then the lockdown started and basically all my wish parcels were suddenly gone with the wind.

It's been more than a year now, and they still havent delivered about 3 of my pending wish parcels and also 1 parcel from ebay. All of these orders have international shipping numbers, but cannot be tracked once they enter South Africa. All of them shows that they have arrived in South Africa, basically a month after I ordered them, and thereafter they are untraceable.

Since then, I phoned the post office with no luck, I emailed various post office support emails and to this day have not received a single response. I even downloaded their stupid app, which is just a useless web view with a glorified iframe loader and the tracking foes not even work on the app. Well, I didn't expect it to, but I at least tried.

Now that made me wonder... Where do all these parcels end up? Do they just go into storage, or are they stolen... Or is there actually a place where one can go to query your long list of missing parcels??

Anyone have any tips, experience or success stories to share ? Or all we all just doomed.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
There's only one trick to dealing with the Post Office: make absolutely sure that nothing you care about goes anywhere near it.

SureThing

Im in same boat, waiting in 3 small Aliexpress items, all shipped similar times....praying it will arrive. 6 months and counting.

Cereal_Killer

Forging
Think you will find most of those "undelivered" parcels are at the homes of said post office workers.

Found out some time ago after losing parcels of about R10k through the post office. It's part of the anc criminal syndicate and will be corrupt and a bunch of thieves. If a site you want to buy from does not offer courier (eg, FedEx, DHL, etc) just walk away because you will never see your parcel or money again if you use the post-office.

Last edited:

Tman*

Expert Member
Last year, just before the lockdown started, it seemed that they were finally getting their ducks in a row. I would order items from wish, and would you believe, it actually arrived. Again, I ordered stuff from wished and it arrived! Amazing.

Play Russian roulette, get burned

kolaval

Executive Member
I would order items from wish, and would you believe, it actually arrived. Again, I ordered stuff from wished and it arrived! Amazing.
Even thieving employees know whish is ****, so they do not take it.

sandwitch

They have a form you can fill in at the post office. It launches an investigation into where your parcel is and why it's taking so long to get to you (and it investigates your local branch office too).
Use it. It might not get your parcel back but the investigation strikes fear into the post office and takes up their time.
Do it for s#&/@ and giggles.

Last edited:

SureThing

They have a form you can fill in at the post office. It launches an investigation into where your parcel is and why it's taking so long to get to you (and it investigates your local branch office too).
Use it. It might not get your parcel back the investigation strikes fear into the post office and takes up their time.
Do it for s#&/@ and giggles.
Pls share the forms name and where would one find this form?

Demented!

I ordered custom printed tee's from the US 3 years ago, never got them till today. I dunno if some workers at the SAPO warehouse tend to steal items from overseas or what but that was the last time I dealt with SAPo .. never again.

Cereal_Killer

Forging
I ordered custom printed tee's from the US 3 years ago, never got them till today. I dunno if some workers at the SAPO warehouse tend to steal items from overseas or what but that was the last time I dealt with SAPo .. never again.
Look at it like this, you bought someone at SAPO some nice shirts. Sure they appreciated the "gift"

epah

Expert Member
They are still coming relax, 15 more years and you should have your parcel.

eg2505

Honorary Master
why didn't you spring for the courier delivery?
too expensive, or no option to do that?

Demented!

why didn't you spring for the courier delivery?
too expensive, or no option to do that?
I actually was delusional and believed sapo would work ! I deserve it. I have now moved on with life without sapo

ProfA

Honorary Master
3 of my parcels sent last year long before lockdown just arrived at the local post office. 13+ months later.