Power network collapse in 3 years, says expert

grok

Honorary Master
Lemme guess, they want more money to fix this .. :erm:

MyWorld

Executive Member
This is never going to end.
They make enough profit, but nope, we need more.

If only solar could be cheaper.

upup

Executive Member
municipality. Political leaders. I know a few towns which had a ring network, now only a single network. Same story with water pipes, etc. Appoint good old techies and spend less on parties.
Make a law that can fire people who do not perform.
Problem solved.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
municipality. Political leaders. I know a few towns which had a ring network, now only a single network. Same story with water pipes, etc. Appoint good old techies and spend less on parties.
Make a law that can fire people who do not perform.
Problem solved.

Are you living in Dreamland? We all know what NEEDS to be done, but as long as we have this crown of circus clowns in power, it has about as much chance of happening as South Africa qualifying for the next Soccer World Cup! :D... i.e impossible.

patrick

Expert Member
So all those eskom bonuses were reward for them not repairing things...?

stepper

Expert Member
So all those eskom bonuses were reward for them not repairing things...?

Its a municipality network this guy is talking about. Eskom and municipalities do not share/co-own distribution networks. But then again we also have to wonder about the state of Eskom owned distribution networks.

Mouse

Expert Member
Mugabe and friends managed to ruin Zimbabwe in 20 years if I'm not mistaken.
Looks like Zuma and friends will do it in about 21 years (we are on year 18 now)

The hearings have heard calls for maintenance funding to be ringfenced, which can only be done through legislation, and for a one percent levy to be charged on distribution.

Along with all the other increases, how much is it now?

killadoob

Honorary Master
Something has been collapsing for a decade, first it was the water system, then mining stuff was going to nail our water, now electricity will be gone.

When will this stuff actually happen i wonder? Sounds like someone is crying wolf too often or they are lying to up the pricing.

F

Fudzy

Let the Chinese come in and offer an alternative to Eskom. They are doing a great job at electrifying other developing countries,

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Its a municipality network this guy is talking about. Eskom and municipalities do not share/co-own distribution networks. But then again we also have to wonder about the state of Eskom owned distribution networks.

Actually a third of the backlog is Eskom's network. They just aren't completely to blame this time.

CorneN

Expert Member
I wonder if people get paid to create hype like this to justify rate hikes?

/dons tinfoil hat