poweralert stage 2.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiddling with the stages again:
No, they used load curtailment, our journalists aren't exactly known for their abilities.
 
To those with solar, do you have to switch off the system when going on holiday
 
Not worried about initial possibly huge spikes when power returns, to charge the batts?

I wouldn't trust them
If the system is configured correctly, you should barely touch Eskom, so you'd keep the system running on inverter,solar and batteries. It would only really need to dip into Eskom when you've hit the prepared oh kak point on the system :-). I've got mine at 20%, so only once the batteries hit that it will switch to Eskom till it reaches 70%.
I mean switching it off isn't hard, just flick the cut over to Eskom, turn the switch to turn the panels off and then turn off the inverter. But I don't see why you'd want to?
 
If the system is configured correctly, you should barely touch Eskom, so you'd keep the system running on inverter,solar and batteries. It would only really need to dip into Eskom when you've hit the prepared oh kak point on the system :). I've got mine at 20%, so only once the batteries hit that it will switch to Eskom till it reaches 70%.
I mean switching it off isn't hard, just flick the cut over to Eskom, turn the switch to turn the panels off and then turn off the inverter. But I don't see why you'd want to?
That will teach me to challenge an energy expert... :oops:


/goes to sulk in the corner
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X