poweralert stage 2.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going on holiday so you would want to make sure your alarm system, cameras and lights are not affected by loadshedding and power failures, no?
Ssh he knows of at least 6 inverters that have blown up recently... I mean with all the solar systems floating around here in MyBB we'd have heard of a few no?
 
Ssh he knows of at least 6 inverters that have blown up recently... I mean with all the solar systems floating around here in MyBB we'd have heard of a few no?
Thats my point as well, just last month a house burnt down in kyalami estates the inverter catching fire, no news about it here
 
You are going on holiday so you would want to make sure your alarm system, cameras and lights are not affected by loadshedding and power failures, no?
It could be best to switch the thing off when you are away for the weekend, im only querying if it is a known issue or common practise or not at all needed
 
Thats my point as well, just last month a house burnt down in kyalami estates the inverter catching fire, no news about it here
So you've heard of exploding ones, ones catching fire? Have there been ones beamed away by aliens?
I mean the house could burn down due to faulty wiring, how do they know it was the inverter? Also was it installed correctly?
 
It could be best to switch the thing off when you are away for the weekend, im only querying if it is a known issue or common practise or not at all needed
I don't understand why it could be best to switch it off, do you switch your electricity off when you go on holiday?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. But to answer your question, no I have never got the impression that people switch their systems off when going on holiday, it will just defeat the purpose of installing the system. Most people I know are very grateful to have the ability to monitor things and do things remotely.
 
I don't understand why it could be best to switch it off, do you switch your electricity off when you go on holiday?
(Note this opinion-answer is not aimed at your political interests..)

In this country, hard to trust reliability / stability much at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X