Printer: Laser or Inkjet

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I don't even know what printer we have. I just know it's a Canon and it prints my kids' schoolwork :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I couldn't help, but @Splinter runs a printing company so speak to him

Splinter

Honorary Master
I don't even know what printer we have. I just know it's a Canon and it prints my kids' schoolwork :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I couldn't help, but @Splinter runs a printing company so speak to him

Say what? Dude, that stay off that alcohol you brewed during lock down - it's dangerous stuff :)

P924

Expert Member
Buy a laser printer and when you run out of toner throw it away and buy another new laser printer, works out cheaper than buying 4 toner cartriges!
Well, that works if you know they come with standard cartridges. Some come with only partially filled cartridges...

Generic cartridges usually do the trick.

kessyjr

Someone suggested that Epson l382 is a good printer. Anyone who has used it here? Any advice

giloo777

Good in terms of ink usage and output quality
I have a L382. Quality is excellent if you print on High Quality, and good enough if you print on standard. It also comes with enough ink (its going strong after 2 years).

You do have to run the cheaper ink tank printers(such as this one) through maintenance in the printer settings to maintain good copies (head cleaning, nozzle check etc) every 4-6 weeks

kessyjr

I have a L382. Quality is excellent if you print on High Quality, and good enough if you print on standard. It also comes with enough ink (its going strong after 2 years).

You do have to run the cheaper ink tank printers(such as this one) through maintenance in the printer settings to maintain good copies (head cleaning, nozzle check etc) every 4-6 weeks
Thank you for sharing this. Very helpful.