Printer: Laser or Inkjet

Spacerat

Expert Member
So currently I have an HP Laser. New cartridge is R1800!
It seems you nowadays get inkjets with bottle refills that are waaaay cheaper: R300 for the bottle

My impression is that inkjets are fiddly?

DTBA

Expert Member
It seems you nowadays get inkjets with bottle refills that are waaaay cheaper: R300 for the bottle

as long as you use them they are fine go with epson stay away from canon > canon owner

MightyQuin

Not amused...

What do you print?
How much do you print?
What quality must the prints be?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

You can refill a toner cartidge for laser printer also

MightyQuin

Not amused...
rarely print. mostly for kids' school etc. worried that inkjet will clog over time
I assume then that you will need a color printer, so lazer not really an option.

Get a cheapie and print a test page now and then. Today's tech doesn't really cause clogging, unless you print once a year.

krieg

Expert Member
Get a generic refill cartridge and stick with your current laser printer.

B-1

Expert Member
I like the brother range. One of the DCP inktank ones for home use is perfect. I have a laser and an inkjet at home and mainly use the inkjet these days. Bought the laser when I did part time studies where I printed a lot more. For the odd print here and there inkjet is better.

diesel

Expert Member
Buy a laser printer and when you run out of toner throw it away and buy another new laser printer, works out cheaper than buying 4 toner cartriges!

RedViking

Nord of the South
Ink Tank or Eco Tank. Ink is dirt cheap, relatively speaking.

Stay away from inkjet or laser.

Cheers.

genetic

Honorary Master
Inkjet for low volume printing. Laser for high volume.

orin76

Expert Member
Get a generic refill cartridge and stick with your current laser printer.
Best advice in my opinion. Alternatively google how to refill the cartridges yourself. I've managed to reduce ink costs on my Canon inkjet by over 80% (would be more if I used generic inks) thanks to YouTube video guides.

mister

Executive Member
Mine doesn't.

What paper are yours printed on? I'm using genuine epson ink and epson glossy photo paper. I've had the printer for years and been through many bottles of ink and paper, and I've had the fading problem with every batch.

Robocop

What paper are yours printed on? I'm using genuine epson ink and epson glossy photo paper. I've had the printer for years and been through many bottles of ink and paper, and I've had the fading problem with every batch.
I'm using Canon glossy photo paper....

quovadis

Executive Member

If you’re doing only black and white have a look at HP Neverstop models.

In general - Your volume of prints is important to work out costing over a year or two. Ink tanks may save you until you need to replace components other than ink and cost more initially.