Printer Recommendations for student

vorman

Expert Member
Looking for printer recommendations.
Have not bought a printer in ages and don't even know what is out there now.

It is required mainly for university student to print notes and assignments every now and then, so not looking to spend more than a R1000 I think. The notes however, may add up to +-300 pages a month.
What would you recommend, ink or laser? Colour would be nice but rather something that would give very good ink/laser milleage. I've never liked ink printers mainly because of how quickly it gets finish but now I see there's ink advantage etc. of which I have no clue, hence recommendations welcome.
Edit: Colour is a must for assignments etc.

Sumen

Expert Member
Looking for printer recommendations.
Have not bought a printer in ages and don't even know what is out there now.

It is required mainly for university student to print notes and assignments every now and then, so not looking to spend more than a R1000 I think. The notes however, may add up to +-300 pages a month.
What would you recommend, ink or laser? Colour would be nice but rather something that would give very good ink/laser milleage. I've never liked ink printers mainly because of how quickly it gets finish but now I see there's ink advantage etc. of which I have no clue, hence recommendations welcome.
Edit: Colour is a must for assignments etc.
Well, most Colour laser printers are way above R2000.

Epson's Tank system is probably the best because the bottles are refillable.
And use less ink than the cartridge type.
But the cheapest I found is R1500, single function.

The best value for your would obviously be the cartridge printers, you can get colour, 4 in 1 functions and WiFi enabled, all under R1000.

gertvanjoe

Expert Member

The best value for your would obviously be the cartridge printers, you can get colour, 4 in 1 functions and WiFi enabled, all under R1000.
I have an Epson Ink tank type and SO prints a crap load. Man that ink goes. Only woes with it is that you have to run a head clean like 4 times before it is completely great again (fine little blank lines start appearing after printing but only after like 300 pages or so)

spiderz

Honorary Master
Go laser ... inkjest have to be used quite ofter else the nossels get blocked ...

vorman

Expert Member

Any recommendation for cartridge type? I.e. those with ink advantage systems?

vorman

Expert Member
I have an Epson Ink tank type and SO prints a crap load. Man that ink goes. Only woes with it is that you have to run a head clean like 4 times before it is completely great again (fine little blank lines start appearing after printing but only after like 300 pages or so)
So with the ink tank you refill and do not buy new cartridge every time it runs out? Is this colour also?

vic777

Expert Member
Mono laser, multifunction, so you can scan as well. Helps if it is a wireless printer as well

DUDE!@##$%%

Are you studying through UNISA?
I was in the same boat but after doing the math just printing at the university saves a **** load of money, especially over the period of an entire degree. Sure the extra effort is annoying but paying for comfort is a choice you need to make.