Provigil (Modafinil)

Random Hero

Expert Member
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here ever used Provigil?

I got a prescription from my GP today.

It will cost me R1200 for 30 (100mg) pills.

Not really sure if it is worth that amount, but I am going to give it a try. I use to use Conserta back in the University days. I understand that Provigil gives you the same effect minus the side effects.

Anyone here on it or have used it before who can give me some of their stories?

saor

Honorary Master
Provigil (modafinil) is a wakefulness promoting drug.

Whatever tiredness you're feeling gets wiped right off the board and you're feeling pretty much as awake as you'll feel the whole day. Use the drug to skip too much sleep and you're going to get a smack to the head in a few days time when it catches up to you. I've used it when travelling and keep it to 50mg/day for no more than a week.

What was it prescribed for?

Last edited:

Random Hero

Expert Member
Provigil (modafinil) is a wakefulness promoting drug.

Whatever tiredness you're feeling gets wiped right off the board and you're feeling pretty much as awake as you'll feel the whole day. Use the drug to skip too much sleep and you're going to get a smack to the head in a few days time when it catches up to you. I use it if travelling and keep it to 50mg/day for no more than a week.

What was it prescribed for?

I have just been looking for something to give me the edge and more focus, energy and wakefulness.
I usually have to do a lot of reports and proposals, and I barely get time to work on my business that I am busy building.

I was looking at Conserta again this year then read a bit about provigil(Modafinil) so today just asked for a prescription.
I do not have narcolepsy or anything.

saor

Honorary Master
I have just been looking for something to give me the edge and more focus, energy and wakefulness.
It's not something I'd use daily...it's a potent drug so use sparingly. Make sure you eat, because it can also suppress your appetite. And don't take it late in the day...for me 50mg at 11 is enough to ward off tiredness until around 22:00.

Random Hero

Expert Member
It's not something I'd use daily...it's a potent drug so use sparingly. Make sure you eat, because it can also suppress your appetite. And don't take it late in the day...for me 50mg at 11 is enough to ward off tiredness until around 22:00.

Are the tablets time release?

Can I just cut up a 50mg

Can you still hit the gym while on it?

Does it lift you mood?

Random Hero

Expert Member
No, just has a very long half-life in the body.
Yup - just break in half.
Not sure, your call. Keep an eye on your heart-rate.
For me not at all. Just makes me feel awake.

How much do you pay for your pills?

Is it save to use them odd days?

airborne

Honorary Master
I usually have to do a lot of reports and proposals, and I barely get time to work on my business that I am busy building.

I was looking at Conserta again this year then read a bit about provigil(Modafinil) so today just asked for a prescription.
I do not have narcolepsy or anything.
Trying to fit 25 hours into 24 never ends pretty, rather adjust your lifestyle/job than take a pill to make you more "productive", else all I can see coming your way is burn out.

Work clever not harder is good advice.

Random Hero

Expert Member
So i got a prescription and I used it today (took a 100mg pill of provigil at 08h00). and honestly... nothing.

I felt like I did yesterday.
-No mood enhancement
-No energy
-No motivation
-No intense focus

I was awake all day and only yawned at round about 16h00

However the viscosity of my stool could be compared to a fire hose dowsing a flaming house.

I had an awful diarrhea from about 14h00. I do not want to blame it on the Provigil and the 3 cups of coffee that I had because the previous night I had rotis at my Girlfriends folks house (The ones that you buy at woolies) and they were out of the refrigerator from 17h00 untill 21h00(Maybe they were off, but only I got the ****s). I had one for lunch and soon after my 4th bite I had to run for the loo.

My stomach still feels grumbly and off, but the diarrhea stopped for now and I have already eaten Dinner.

I did my work but I was not focused as I mentioned. I remember back in my Final year at University I did a Chapter on economics within a few hours on Conserta, so it definitely is not a replacement for that.

I spent R600 on 15 pills honestly I think it was a waste.

Everywhere on the internet everyone talks about how it is the "limitless" pill of cognitive enhancers.
I disagree, I am very disappointed actually. I was expecting to finish off one of the proposals that I have to do but I procrastinated more than anything else.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea apart from a salad every night, regular exercise and proper sleep (which I do try to do, a healthy life style) please let me know.

As I am typing this final sentence I can literally feel my bowels making that bubbling, boiling sound... Danmit!

saor

Honorary Master
I felt like I did yesterday.
-No mood enhancement
-No energy
-No motivation
-No intense focus

I was awake all day and only yawned at round about 16h00
It's a strange drug because you don't feel any different - it only promotes a state (wakefulness) that you've experienced thousands of times before. If I'm tired and I use it - the tiredness is gone and I'm awake but in a familiar way. People touting it as a motivation booster / good mood drug etc. are probably having a unique reaction or just some imagined response to feeling really awake for the first time in ages. The motivation to get something done is your job, modafinil just keeps your eyes open :).

Pitbull

Verboten
Simple really:

Exercise... A fit person can sleep for 3 hours and it felt like you slept for 12

Also improves your awareness and mood.

Why do people always try to least effort route out?

mister

Executive Member

It effects my digestion as well, and gives me back pain, and a headache if I go above 200mg. I used to get 200mg tablets and break them into four. I found it nice for coding marathons, but it always ****ed up my sleeping patterns... I haven't used it in ten years - much prefer noopept.

Random Hero

Expert Member
Update: I did 200mg of modafinil today and just drank 2 cups of coffee... Honestly I cant tell if anything worked I did not feel any different. I geuss it keeps you awake without you knowing it. but no focus. good mood feeling or concentration. Still busy with the same proposal since Tuesday... Procrastinating heavily.

It effects my digestion as well, and gives me back pain, and a headache if I go above 200mg. I used to get 200mg tablets and break them into four. I found it nice for coding marathons, but it always ****ed up my sleeping patterns... I haven't used it in ten years - much prefer noopept.

Have you tried noopept?

Does noopept work and where do you buy it?