PS4 Connectivity Issues - Fifa Onlne

deliengs

Hi Everyone..

I was wondering if anyone else might be having the same issue as me. I recently subscribed to PSN network to play FIFA online and seem to be having connectivity issues.. I am on a Wireless Uncapped Internet Package

1. When I start the game it says PSNID is connecting to EA Servers, and just gets stuck there. It eventually gives up and the game starts up without connecting
2. Sometimes it downloads the latest squads etc, but when the game starts and I choose online, it says "Checking Network Connection" and says it cant connect
3. When both those work and I try to connect to a friend to play online it skips the game invitation screen and he nor I gets invitations, whether he sends it or I

It does work after some while as well, but after trying and trying eventually a game or so can be played in the normal online season mode but again not with an online friend

The thing is that the Playstation Store also doesn't work, but I know my internet works because on the PS4 i can use the web browser to surf the net with no issue.

When I connect to my personal hotspot everything works fine without any glitches, except its on NAT Type 3 which is kind of restricted, it still works quicker though or without issues.

Anyone having the same or similar issues?

Oculate

Honorary Master
When I connect to my personal hotspot everything works fine without any glitches, except its on NAT Type 3 which is kind of restricted, it still works quicker though or without issues.

Do you have access to configure your "Wireless Uncapped Internet Package"?

What happens if you perform the following;

Turn on PS4
Settings>Network>Test Internet Connection
<wait for this to return all information (including up/down speeds)>
Log off your account
Log back in
Attempt to access the PSN Store

EDIT: If you are connecting your PS4 via wifi, this procedure should let you view the store successfully

From what you've said, connecting via the Telkom router (for example) causes these issues but when connecting via your personal hotspot (through your smartphone I assume) you can access the game servers... This sounds like UPnP isn't enabled on the Telkom router and/or the NAT setting is too strict

I've connected my PS4 successfully with a MIFI device (3g USB dongle into my PC, enabling ICS and configuring the consoles IP/Default Gateway to point to my PC) and with an ADSL/3g router - both instances required tweaking the router

NAT3 however will always give you a sub-par gaming experience. While it's almost impossible to achieve NAT1 in this country, NAT2 should give you the required 'permissions' to connect to the EA servers

To get a connection with NAT Type 2, you will want to forward the following ports to the IP address of your PS4:

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
UDP: 3478-3479

You can use the following website (along with the model of your router/internet device) for more detailed info on how to set up Port Fowarding - https://portforward.com/router.htm

Last edited:

deliengs

Do you have access to configure your "Wireless Uncapped Internet Package"?

What happens if you perform the following;

Turn on PS4
Settings>Network>Test Internet Connection
<wait for this to return all information (including up/down speeds)>
Log off your account
Log back in
Attempt to access the PSN Store

EDIT: If you are connecting your PS4 via wifi, this procedure should let you view the store successfully

From what you've said, connecting via the Telkom router (for example) causes these issues but when connecting via your personal hotspot (through your smartphone I assume) you can access the game servers... This sounds like UPnP isn't enabled on the Telkom router and/or the NAT setting is too strict

I've connected my PS4 successfully with a MIFI device (3g USB dongle into my PC, enabling ICS and configuring the consoles IP/Default Gateway to point to my PC) and with an ADSL/3g router - both instances required tweaking the router

NAT3 however will always give you a sub-par gaming experience. While it's almost impossible to achieve NAT1 in this country, NAT2 should give you the required 'permissions' to connect to the EA servers

You can use the following website (along with the model of your router/internet device) for more detailed info on how to set up Port Fowarding - https://portforward.com/router.htm

Oculate, thanks for your reply.

The ISP has restricted access to the router unfortunately.

I am going to give them a call and ask them about the NAT settings as well UPNP see it they can help me out. I will also try your suggestion about logging on and off.

The funny thing is yesterady internet was working perfect and the PS Servers said everything was on, but when I did the connection test the Playstation PSN Step failed all the time

deliengs

Oculate, thanks for your reply.

The ISP has restricted access to the router unfortunately.

I am going to give them a call and ask them about the NAT settings as well UPNP see it they can help me out. I will also try your suggestion about logging on and off.

The funny thing is yesterady internet was working perfect and the PS Servers said everything was on, but when I did the connection test the Playstation PSN Step failed all the time

Oculate, you were right, UPNP wasnt enabled on the router. I called them and they enabled it for me, gonna try it out later this evening.

Thanks!!!