PS5

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Apple tv+ is not the greatest streaming service.
Whatever is worth watching, you have to either rent or buy.
Just make sure you cancel the subscription before January 2022 so you wont be billed month to month thereafter.
Not worth the R85.00 pm in my opinion.

Nonsense.

It’s literally the best streaming service out there right now with the highest quality shows.

Quality over quantity.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
So the same price as the Xbox Seagate storage, pity

Well unlike Xbox's solution at least Sony picked an industry standard, which means more suppliers will be making them.
More Suppliers = More Competition = Better pricing over time esp as manufacturers up production.

I still say, I wish both systems had both options. Would love to hot swap on both but also loved the ability to increase internal storage on both. Yeah yeah I know the "Then, get a PC" argument :D

Iwojima

Expert Member
Are these PS5 compatible though? I don't see it explicitly stated as such. Otherwise I would get one :)
Both models have successfully tested as compatible.
The Samsung 980 Pro, not a bad price but no heat sink. Sony recommends a heat sink.
They do indeed, but testing from Digital Foundry seems to indicate its a nice to have, not a must have.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Are these PS5 compatible though? I don't see it explicitly stated as such. Otherwise I would get one :)
yes, pretty sure Mark Cerny said that that specific WD was his drive of choice, and Digital Foundry did extensive testing with the 980 Pro with and without heatsink

LeftRightLeft

So the same price as the Xbox Seagate storage, pity
Jus, SSD's are stupid expensive in South Africa. Between R3000 to R5000 just for 1TB? Way too high a price for way too little storage. When I do finally get a PS5 I'm just going to stick to the tiny storage space the console comes with and get me a nice big external mechanical Hard Drive for swapping my games in and out. Mechanical Hard Drives are lekker cheap now. You can often times find as big as 4TB for really good prices. They can take these ridiculously overpriced SSD's and shove them where the sun don't shine. I'm not paying half the price of a Xbox Series S just for 1TB of extra storage. Screw that. And then what do they charge if you need to buy the heatsink separately? An extra R6000? :rolleyes:

A few days ago a friend of mine bought a Xbox Series S from Incredible Connection, and they told him that they can help him set it up but it would cost him an extra R400. LMAO! This country. Smh. Everywhere you look it's a never ending sea of people who are trying to do you in.

How much profit are they making on these SSD's? 1000%?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Jus, SSD's are stupid expensive in South Africa. Between R3000 to R5000 just for 1TB? Way too high a price for way too little storage. When I do finally get a PS5 I'm just going to stick to the tiny storage space the console comes with and get me a nice big external mechanical Hard Drive for swapping my games in and out. Mechanical Hard Drives are lekker cheap now. You can often times find as big as 4TB for really good prices. They can take these ridiculously overpriced SSD's and shove them where the sun don't shine. I'm not paying half the price of a Xbox Series S just for 1TB of extra storage. Screw that. And then what do they charge if you need to buy the heatsink separately? An extra R6000? :rolleyes:

A few days ago a friend of mine bought a Xbox Series S from Incredible Connection, and they told him that they can help him set it up but it would cost him an extra R400. LMAO! This country. Smh. Everywhere you look it's a never ending sea of people who are trying to do you in.

Each to their own :)

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

They seem to be 30% more expensive, just like other electronics?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

FromSoftware rumored to be working on a PS5 exclusive Souls game that is not Bloodborne 2​

FromSoftware and Sony are reportedly joining hands to make a PlayStation 5 exclusive Souls game, according to multiple leaks that have surfaced recently. The rumors also mention that this PS5 exclusive Souls game in the making is not a Bloodborne sequel.

The rumor first surfaced in the Real Deal Xbox Podcast, where host Dealer Gaming mentioned that Sony had made a deal with FromSoftware to develop another PlayStation exclusive. Earlier, Dealer Gaming leaked Ghost of Tsushima’s Iki Island DLC, so the leaker has credibility on his side.