PSP 3000 Console Availability

kilobits

Executive Member
Hey Hey

My Nephew has a PSP 3000, it is his friend's birthday and he really wants one too as a present from his parents. However none can be found.
There are Vitas and E1000s and a few GOs but no stock of PSP 3000s.

Ster Kinekor have replied that the E1000 is the current model, the 3000 is the old model... BUT, the E1000 appears to have a single speaker and no WiFi. The Vita is too expensive and the GO has no disc thingy so they cannot share games.

Soooo... what gives.

Anyone know where to source PSP 3000 in Cape Town or from an online store that has stock ??

Eish.

kilobits

Executive Member

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
When your buying a discontinued model, then you have to accept the risk of warranty.

The PSPGo is also discontinued but I paid R800 at BT Games last for one. At that price I thought as long as it switches on, then I'm happy.

kilobits

Executive Member
When your buying a discontinued model, then you have to accept the risk of warranty.

The PSPGo is also discontinued but I paid R800 at BT Games last for one. At that price I thought as long as it switches on, then I'm happy.
R800 - Yoh! nice price.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
R800 - Yoh! nice price.
Yup. Came with 10 games as well. Its perfect for my 5 year old as he had the Leapster and R800 would have bought 3 games for him.

I would rather go with Vita. Subscribe to PSN+ for R450 a year and get a couple of games each month for it as well. Personally going to get the Vita for myself as I've already got the PSN+ for the PS3.

kilobits

Executive Member
I am such a n00b when it comes to gaming and consoles... now family and friends are starting to pull me into this with requests for help and advice. Yikes.

Here I am thinking a console is just a console is just a console... and then get an education from the 10 year old about Xbox that makes my head spin.

Aaand to make matters worse... the parents of the friends need me now to advise and support these bladdy things.

Eish. I say let the 10 year old get what he needs and just smile and nod... smile and nod. Hand over the money and run.