Quake: Revitalized Edition

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Quake is back...

*if* it is a decent remaster of Q1; it will be an instant buy for me. I'm a huge Q1 fan to say the least.

Quake remake with “additional content” is coming from Wolfenstein devs​

Quake remake

Something called the ‘Quake: Revitalized Edition’ has been leaked, and will seemingly get a reveal at QuakeCon next week. It seems like it will be a Quake remake or remaster for the series’ 25th anniversary, and is being produced by Wolfenstein: The New Order developer Machine Games – which is also providing “additional content” for the game.

Update:
The Short: Quake 1 is back with the Bethesda-KexEngine port.
The Long: VkQuake is better.

Last edited:

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I'm going to laugh it is just some quake 2 mishash. I really hope it is going to be quake 1, quake 1 really needs some love and I'm kinda done with quake 1.5 runs. lol.

_kabal_

Expert Member
I remember downloading the demo/beta in early 1996, only to find out that Shub-Niggurath wasn't finished properly yet and all your weapon fire just clipped though it.

The good old days of trying to find damn BNC terminators

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm going to laugh it is just some quake 2 mishash. I really hope it is going to be quake 1, quake 1 really needs some love and I'm kinda done with quake 1.5 runs. lol.

I doubt it would be 'another' Quake 2 since it received the RTX treatment, however, Quake 2 was a departure, but not in the sense most people would think. id's 'original' team departed, and in a time, id was being established as a gaming corporation it had to change direction, with Activation as their publisher, be more serious and to build an identity which would become their product, the exception being Doom 3 and Rage which wasn’t the recipe though the two games are unique in its own right.

So, remastering Quake would take them all the way back, and though many love Quake, it’s development did not go as swimmingly. It was even lambasted at a time, but I don’t believe John Romero would be happy with a Quake remake without him being credited or associated. Fun times, ahead.

For mention, Quake 2 and 3 is not Quake, Quake is not Quake 2 and 3, the only thing Quake and Quake 2/3 has in common is the namesake.

All in all, it would be good to see Quake get the love it deserved all the way back in time.

...SIGIL 3 will probably be based on Quake :whistling:

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I doubt it would be 'another' Quake 2 since it received the RTX treatment, however, Quake 2 was a departure, but not in the sense most people would think. id's 'original' team departed, and in a time, id was being established as a gaming corporation it had to change direction, with Activation as their publisher, be more serious and to build an identity which would become their product, the exception being Doom 3 and Rage which wasn’t the recipe though the two games are unique in its own right.

So, remastering Quake would take them all the way back, and though many love Quake, it’s development did not go as swimmingly. It was even lambasted at a time, but I don’t believe John Romero would be happy with a Quake remake without him being credited or associated. Fun times, ahead.

For mention, Quake 2 and 3 is not Quake, Quake is not Quake 2 and 3, the only thing Quake and Quake 2/3 has in common is the namesake.

All in all, it would be good to see Quake get the love it deserved all the way back in time.

...SIGIL 3 will probably be based on Quake :whistling:
Sounds like the love story of stargate, stargate atlantis and stargate universe :mad:

VoodooBean

Aren't there already source ports out there ? I used Yamagi for Q2 and quakespasam for the original

kolaval

Executive Member
I still remember installing it in DOS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

icarusza

I would love a remake of Quake 1 with a scripting language like QuakeC again for mods (maybe with arrays this time). I've recently been trying to make a bot and you really have to work around the limitations, but that's part of the fun.

Quake 1 is lightning in a bottle though - doubt we'll get anything nearly as timeless.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Quake has a big problem

And the problem is that people who play Quake have played it for years, and so only those people will play it. Other people will be crushed and go somewhere else, this is the curse of the Quake franchise for years

and those bunny hops are not easy to master.

edit: funfact there are still QuakeWorld servers hosted in SA

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Quake has a big problem

And the problem is that people who play Quake have played it for years, and so only those people will play it. Other people will be crushed and go somewhere else, this is the curse of the Quake franchise for years

and those bunny hops are not easy to master.

edit: funfact there are still QuakeWorld servers hosted in SA
Not impossible, now-generation is just kak lazy to git gut and would rather parkour it in cod while some of us still plays defrag titles...

edit
But I'm sure for you beth will include easy bunny hop unlock dlc.

Last edited: