Quake: Revitalized Edition

StoneCold

Expert Member
Different strokes for different folks I guess ;)

By the way, I figured out how to run a dedicated server using the new revitalized edition. Will post details about the server tomorrow / later today :cool:

As promised, with a bit of tinkering I managed to get a dedicated server up and running. At this stage, the only way you can connect to it is by means of the console, so once you're logged in and at the main menu, open op the console by pressing ~ (tilde) (next to 1 on your keyboard) and then enter:

connect 154.0.6.108:27004

Once connected, close the console again by pressing ~ (tilde) and press escape and you'll be connected to the server. I have spawned 3 "normal" skilled bots, so that the server isn't completely empty. Each map has a time limit of 25 minutes with no frag limit set. Once a map is finished, the server will automatically commence to the next map in the map cycle.

A good friend of mine and myself tested it out last and it worked quite nice. Please feel free to try it out, I'll see if there isn't a way that I can make it show in the matchbrowser in game. If I do, I'll update my post.

Happy fragging ! :D

Last edited:

StoneCold

Expert Member
Feel free to join the Steam group I've created, as this will also help to coordinate potential play times.