Question about the Democratic Alliance

"The DA has lost credibility, we'll see how it erases the "minority interests" party tag."

Not to many polticians with cred left.....anywhere in the world.

I always thought these dudes where the great white dopes more than anything else........

They certainly don't represent me !
 
stix said:
"The DA has lost credibility, we'll see how it erases the "minority interests" party tag."

Not to many polticians with cred left.....anywhere in the world.

I always thought these dudes where the great white dopes more than anything else........

They certainly don't represent me !
;)
 
tibby.dude said:
Unethical .... get off your high horse ... in most Western democracies a representative can cross the floor and become either an independent or join another party and some have done so.

I'd rather have people voted in that are beholden to their conscience and voters than a sticking to a discredited party line because they might be kicked out of their position if they disagree with decisions made by a select few in Luthuli house.

Our current setup is nothing but a expensive rubber stamp for decisions made by others.
It is possible to do this in European democracies, though I doubt their motives are the same. They don't get offered new 4x4 cars, expensive holidays or higher positions to cross the floor.:rolleyes:
 
tibby.dude said:
It was a protest vote more than anything else.

Why did the majority of coloureds vote for the brand new spanking with no political track record ID and not the DA ???.

I think it was because of a perception that the ID was "their" party to stand up for coloured rights since the ANC and DA frankly don't seem to care about them.

Next election they will stay away as usual with only the commited ANC and DA supporters pitching up to cast their votes and I reckon their is more ANC aligned ones than DA ones.

Tibby im not shure if this is correct. The last part I mean.
If there were more coloured voters going ANC, and the obvious black camp voting happily, then the ANC would have won easily.

The coloured majority must have been ta least 50%, probably more, DA to give the DA the biggest share. They got about 51-53%, around there anyway.
If more coloured were vothing ANC, this would be impossible, so I doubt what you rae saying is right.

But it might have just been a especially high voter turn out among coloureds like you said.. I geuss we'l haev to wait until next elections to find out. But you see its made a little trend already. First the DA win with a small margin, then Tafelsig is a landslide.. it might continue this way if peopel have a reason to vote, like Patricias "betrayal" or ANC negligance.
 
The way I see it, is that the last Cape Town local election was a battle to get Nomaindia out. Most people who voted against the ANC did so for the sole reason that the ANC was absolutely useless in Cape Town. This is demonstrated by the fact that the ANC spent only 40% of its capital budget.

For the most part the rest were not too concerned with who they voted for as long as it was opposition.

For my own part, I nearly voted for De Lille, as I felt she was one person who could unify all races. However, what little I saw of her from the time she formed the ID was thankfully enough to convince me otherwise. As it turns out I am glad I voted for Zille, as she has proved to be impeccable in her fist 100 days.

At any rate, I for one feel that the DA represents the poor for all parties better than either the ANC or the ID, for the simple reason that the DA is actually prepared to act in a competent and ethical manner, not just engage in political point scoring as was the case with the N2 gateway.
 
Last edited:
supersunbird said:
Angelo, who do you suggest we support?
Support the one party that is working for the creation of a non-racial and democratic South Africa and has plans for a united future for all South Africans.
 
Angelo said:
Support the one party that is working for the creation of a non-racial and democratic South Africa and has plans for a united future for all South Africans.
You let us know when that party is created and I'll become a citizen just so I can vote for it - capisce?
 
Well, that scratches out the ANC (due to their local government corruption (Nomaindia, and all the others), incompitance of ministries (Ministry of Communications unable to free up Telecoms even though they have the power), racist policies (if you are the wrong colour you dont get hired, they will take ANYONE but you or even leave the post vacant), inefficient fornt line service (black woman has been waiting 5 years, since she was 18, for a ID document but they keep having excuses).

I would love to vote for such a party as you have described, unfortunately (for you) the DA seems to be the closest to that ideal :/
 
Last edited:
Angelo said:
Support the one party that is working for the creation of a non-racial and democratic South Africa and has plans for a united future for all South Africans.

It looks like Angelo actually believes the "I am an African" speech by Thabo Mbeki :rolleyes:

If he does regard whites as Africans why is he making it so easy for them to leave (i.e. crime/BEE/incompetence/corruption/nepotism etc.)
 
Dominic Rooney said:
It looks like Angelo actually believes the "I am an African" speech by Thabo Mbeki :rolleyes:

If he does regard whites as Africans why is he making it so easy for them to leave (i.e. crime/BEE/incompetence/corruption/nepotism etc.)

Angelo doesn't believe anything or have a personal opinion. He is just a bot created to stir up controversy...
 
Angelo said:
Support the one party that is working for the creation of a non-racial and democratic South Africa and has plans for a united future for all South Africans.
!hgiS
 
supersunbird said:
I would love to vote for such a party as you have described
According to the majority of South Africans such a party already exists.
 
@Angelo

Just want to say you r either ignorant to what is happening around you or you r an anc member!

So stop trying to make the anc look like they r so innocent.....ok:)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X