R2999/dual record HD PVR specials? Please post here

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Please post any specials on the R2999/dual record HD PVR here.

(Personally I'm in Cape Town, and probably looking for the silver UEC one - heard it's best).

Thanks. :)

hilton

Expert Member
Gosh, I don't think I've ever seen any store advertising this product. Why do you need this one as opposed to the cheaper model?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I've discovered something annoying with the PVRs, you can only schedule 20 series recordings=, e.g. 1. CSI 2. Chuck, 3. etc.

So you seldom end up using both tuners, and if you do, its usually not necessary as the program repeats the next day.

hilton

Expert Member
Yes but for only R500 extra (on top of the Makro special of R1500) you can get the SD PVR which will record more than one. No?

stevenv

Expert Member
For how long? I need one, but I'm only getting paid next week :(

That's what the invented plastic for ;) I think it's on till the 24th but at a price like that, reckon they'll sell like hotcakes. The last time I saw a price near that was when Makro had it on sale, they sold out very quick.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
That's what the invented plastic for ;) I think it's on till the 24th but at a price like that, reckon they'll sell like hotcakes. The last time I saw a price near that was when Makro had it on sale, they sold out very quick.

Spent more than a small car on my credit card last month :( so maxed out. I built a room, bought a projector, bought a lounge suite, bought a puppy, upgraded my DSTV LNB to SatCr, installed a extra DSTV point and bought a pool table.

I have exactly R92 in my account, and R80 in my wallet till next Thursday.

Milano

Honorary Master
Spent more than a small car on my credit card last month :( so maxed out. I built a room, bought a projector, bought a lounge suite, bought a puppy, upgraded my DSTV LNB to SatCr, installed a extra DSTV point and bought a pool table.

I have exactly R92 in my account, and R80 in my wallet till next Thursday.

Which PJ did you get?

Milano

Honorary Master
Optoma HD20 :) very happy with it - although its currently projecting onto a oak/cream/brown coloured wall - it still looks better than my LCD

Oh nice. Who needs food and water anyway. I had my eye on that when AVShop (or whatever it's called) were running a special on it. I ended up deciding on food and shelter but you clearly have your priorities right.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Oh nice. Who needs food and water anyway. I had my eye on that when AVShop (or whatever it's called) were running a special on it. I ended up deciding on food and shelter but you clearly have your priorities right.

Try explain that to my girlfriend :)

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
:D

After thinking about it (repeats and cost) I may as well go for the special.

Just want to know if it is inferior in other ways at all, besides not being able to record 2 channels? Is it as future proof?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
It can't record series - yet... oh - and I think DSTV on Demand isn't working yet.