R3.9 million for SABC CEO

Gazg

Lmao........just got a massive bailout too.
The real R2 billion question is, why these goons still continue to recieve fat salaries and massive bonuses when they have run the company into the ground.

beans100

Honorary Master
With all the money these SOE's is flushing down the toilet for the last 20 years, they could've given each and every poor person a monthly cheque equal to minimum wage. Sell the SOE's and the poor people can then use that money to pay the private companies for electricity/TV/airplane tickets/water etc.

namzsteve

Expert Member
I should've left school in grade 9, maybe now I'd be a CEO at some big South African failed company with a million in my account

Solitude

Executive Member
This is how things are done in Africa. It's a nice way for lots of people to make lots of money. Run a company into the ground. Get bailout. No consequences. Lekker lekker.

op365

The bailout is not government money, it is the tax payers money! And their salaries are not dependent on the company performance.
Worst is that I was just forced to pay my TV license for channels I don't watch...

Milano

Honorary Master
Besides illegal looting this country also has a massive legalised looting problem which takes many forms.

Rabobi

Executive Member
The bailout is not government money, it is the tax payers money! And their salaries are not dependent on the company performance.
Worst is that I was just forced to pay my TV license for channels I don't watch...
Ag nee man. Its the wrong thing to do

lkswan747

Expert Member
As shareholders (tax payers) we should demand the resignation of the board and have the option of electing a competent team of directors who can either turn this entity around or we must allow the liquidation of the SABC. Isn't this the way that private companies are kept on their toes?
Why must we as taxpayers (shareholders) bear the brunt of gross incompetence and wholesale fraud and corruption? All SOE's should be treated like any private company and play by private company rules.

Daruk

Honorary Master
They can't meet their monthly commitments but the top brass always receive their money... Surprise surprise

John Tempus

Expert Member
Nkandla spending starting to look like nothing when counting all the SOE looting and fat salaries these incompetent tools receive over and over.

That firepool sure look like a great deal using Africanomics compared to all this **** spending.

thechamp

Honorary Master
As shareholders (tax payers) we should demand the resignation of the board and have the option of electing a competent team of directors who can either turn this entity around or we must allow the liquidation of the SABC. Isn't this the way that private companies are kept on their toes?
Why must we as taxpayers (shareholders) bear the brunt of gross incompetence and wholesale fraud and corruption? All SOE's should be treated like any private company and play by private company rules.
You are not going to get anyone who is going to go there and starts making profit, or even break even under the current circumstances.

Whoever is appointed would have to be paid and it looks like there are still going to be a lot more bad financial years before thing get better, are we going to complain when the executives gets their salaries after another financial year loss?

Is the current management that bad or are they just suffering the consequences of the previous managements bad decisions?

Daruk

Honorary Master
You are not going to get anyone who is going to go there and starts making profit, or even break even under the current circumstances.

Whoever is appointed would have to be paid and it looks like there are still going to be a lot more bad financial years before thing get better, are we going to complain when the executives gets their salaries after another financial year loss?

Is the current management that bad or are they just suffering the consequences of the previous managements bad decisions?
How can the current management consistently receive a massive salary while they can't pay suppliers. That's mismanagement right there right now.

Please stop trying to excuse this behaviour.

They will retrench lower paid earners before they cull themselves, guaranteed.

lkswan747

Expert Member

The board consists of political appointees, do I need to say more?

thechamp

Honorary Master
The board consists of political appointees, do I need to say more?
The board and the executives of Telkom also consists of political appointees. I was hoping we could talk about it calmly and try to make sense of it, so yes I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate.

thechamp

Honorary Master
How can the current management consistently receive a massive salary while they can't pay suppliers. That's mismanagement right there right now.

Please stop trying to excuse this behaviour.

They will retrench lower paid earners before they cull themselves, guaranteed.
The SABC does not have money, I wasn't aware that management are supposed to create money out of thin air to pay suppliers, must be a tough job being an SABC executive, more than I ever realised. And just to be clear everyone got their salaries as stipulated in their contracts of employment for the financial year right? Was the CEO supposed to forfeit his or how do these things work?

boboudts

The board and the executives of Telkom also consists of political appointees. I was hoping we could talk about it calmly and try to make sense of it, so yes I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate.
What's there to talk about, the anc have no experienced or ethical cadres left to deploy!

Just look around you and see the result and impact of their incompetence and mismanagement on our country and it's economy....they just don't have a clue and couldn't be trusted to run a bath!