K

kingrob

I am sure the mobile operators would pay for the spectrum.

Problem solved.

roberth

Surprise surprise!
Hands up anyone who didn't see this coming (this = they need more $$$)

Mr.CookieMonster

Expert Member
If they short of money, and they were serious about ICT in SA, why don't they start by getting the money from selling those expensive unessasary politician cars as well as the entourage that accompanies those politician cars?

Alastairo

If there is a set for every 3 of the population, that equates to about R420 per set. They must be mad - even if 50% was used to line a pocket or 2

chrisc

Executive Member
I think the whole exercise should be abandoned. It may be R 7 billion today, but will soon be R 21 billion. And for what? To watch more crap on TV? No thank you.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Ooops, somebody put too much money in their pocket! :D

Did NOT see that coming!!! :rolleyes:

upup

Executive Member
Would like to see how they got to that amount.
consultants ,
and overseas trips for the gauvermant people to see what digital tv looks like, plus
free tv 's for our people,
bee company to plan this, supply and install with sub and sub contractors with a 10 year maintenance plan.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
...the DoC said that there is a budget shortfall of R800-million for its DTT awareness campaign.

awareness? of what? how long it's taken for us to make this digital tv thing happen? awareness of why it has taken so long? awareness of where the money is going?

Last edited:
K

kingrob

Would like to see how they got to that amount.
consultants ,
and overseas trips for the gauvermant people to see what digital tv looks like, plus
free tv 's for our people,
bee company to plan this, supply and install with sub and sub contractors with a 10 year maintenance plan.

LOL....I think you are spot-on!

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Already paying a tv licence, and I don't even have an aerial or dish so I can't get crap sabc channels. Just so I could buy a few TV's for ps3 and bluray, etc.. Ffs, just scrap sabc altogether. Useless trash.