Rain 4G is down

Donavin97

Hi all. Since about 12 today I have no network. When I search for networks on my router, the rain network doesn’t even show up. I’m in the losberg area close to Fochville. @rain_mobile and @rain_networks please assist? Kind regards.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi there @Donavin97

My apologies for all the trouble so far, could you please PM me with the email address that is linked to your rain account, let me take a look into this issue.

Donavin97

Hi there everyone. So I still don’t have Internet. Apparently there is a tower fault that they are working on. Has anyone had tower faults before, and how long does it usually take to fix? At least when I was with MWeb there was a nice dashboard where one could track problems and estimations of when they will be resolved. This is honestly the first time I have received such poor service. I hope this gets resolved soon. [mention]rain_mobile [/mention] [mention]rain_networks [/mention]

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi there everyone. So I still don’t have Internet. Apparently there is a tower fault that they are working on. Has anyone had tower faults before, and how long does it usually take to fix? At least when I was with MWeb there was a nice dashboard where one could track problems and estimations of when they will be resolved. This is honestly the first time I have received such poor service. I hope this gets resolved soon. [mention]rain_mobile [/mention] [mention]rain_networks [/mention]
We try and fix as fast as we can but there are many dependencies, what the problem is, do we need to rebuild the sites, is it simple repair or do we need to climb the tower? - in short, we go as fast as we can, most times its quick, less than 8 hours, but others can take a long time.

eg2505

Honorary Master
question for you guys @rain_networks why cant you guys add something to the website/app
that shows if there are issues and outages and problems, (afrihost has something like that)
so we all dont go on downdetector and spam mybroadband with Rain is a D00s.

I gave you guys good ideas, sure others have given you great ideas to try out, why dont you go with them?

chakniks

Yep I have constant tower issues. For the latest episode, I lost connectivity sometime before 7:00am 4 november and probably only came back early morning on 6 november or late night on the 5th. The worst I have ever had was a 4 day dry spell without Rain.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
question for you guys @rain_networks why cant you guys add something to the website/app
that shows if there are issues and outages and problems, (afrihost has something like that)
so we all dont go on downdetector and spam mybroadband with Rain is a D00s.

I gave you guys good ideas, sure others have given you great ideas to try out, why dont you go with them?
Hi, i actually tottaly agree with you and have sent to our product team. They have implemented SMS alerts for 5G sites now and i will push harder for a weather radar type thing for 4G

Donavin97

I also agree with @6. Very good suggestions. I must say this is the first time I’ve had such a prolonged issue, however I’ll be patient. Just a quick other question, when will the rain app be available for IOS? Kind regards.

Strawberry_M

Hi all. Since about 12 today I have no network. When I search for networks on my router, the rain network doesn’t even show up. I’m in the losberg area close to Fochville. @rain_mobile and @rain_networks please assist? Kind regards.
Hi all Which area was this in I am based in Stellenbosch, 24/7 was down all weekend upto and including Friday? Advice from Rain consultant was that I cancel.

Donavin97

Hi all Which area was this in I am based in Stellenbosch, 24/7 was down all weekend upto and including Friday? Advice from Rain consultant was that I cancel.

Hi. I am in the Fochville area on the west rand, so it’s not close to where you are. My advice would be to wait a while longer, if the issue persists, then feel free to do as you please. Kind regards.

chakniks

@rain_networks and @rain_mobile. Any idea when my service will be be restored also?
Also is there a way to avoid this song and dance of reboot/rest the router and check apn settings etc on every ticket I log. I mean we have known that my tower goes down once in a while based on previous tickets.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
@rain_networks and @rain_mobile. Any idea when my service will be be restored also?
Also is there a way to avoid this song and dance of reboot/rest the router and check apn settings etc on every ticket I log. I mean we have known that my tower goes down once in a while based on previous tickets.
Hi @chakniks

I have sent it to the network department to contact and assist you further.

johnniestr

I am not supprized that rain is down and also not suprized that they dont respond to queries. I have been trying for 3 months to stop my rain. It merely debits my card every month. I dont even use it!!! it is too useless.

Donavin97

That’s terrible. Hopefully my issue gets sorted soon, as they were quite good before the tower suddenly went down. So here’s hoping for a miracle.