Rain 5G - home network not accessible remotely

Assasin_Zer0

Hi

Bumping this thread as I took out the 5G product.

How would setting up a VPS assist with CGNAT / Double NAT and has anyone tried it.

I am looking into a Blueiris/ngrok setup for my hikvision NVR.

but interested to know how one will address something like online gaming issues that are picky with NAT types etc.

I did a tracert and see it hops through two private addresses (10.x.x.x) before going outside. I'm by no means a network expert so don't know what this means.
If it's only your NVR you want to access , have a look at Rmot3.IT .
If you have a spare\old machine sitting at home doing nothing or a RPI , then that might help you out with a few things ,

VPS i'm also still busy looking at , setting up a vpn going out of your network is the easy bit , At the moment allowing traffic in is a bit harder because of the CGNAT . There are a few options but so far most of them require you to have a machine \ VM always online on your internal network and use that as a gateway\reverse proxy.

I have not been able to setup a VPN server on primary router as it picks up the double nat straight off the bat .
As you would have seen with the 2 X 10.x.x.x addresses . It also doesn't work if you allow the IP to be passed through or placing your router in the DMZ .

nad_isa

If it's only your NVR you want to access , have a look at Rmot3.IT .
If you have a spare\old machine sitting at home doing nothing or a RPI , then that might help you out with a few things ,

VPS i'm also still busy looking at , setting up a vpn going out of your network is the easy bit , At the moment allowing traffic in is a bit harder because of the CGNAT . There are a few options but so far most of them require you to have a machine \ VM always online on your internal network and use that as a gateway\reverse proxy.

I have not been able to setup a VPN server on primary router as it picks up the double nat straight off the bat .
As you would have seen with the 2 X 10.x.x.x addresses . It also doesn't work if you allow the IP to be passed through or placing your router in the DMZ .

Thanks.

Main requirement is for my hikvision NVR. But I am also planning to get a playstation (online gaming) as well as will be fiddling with home assistant for home automation.

I have read up on few tutorials on setting up openvpn/wireguard on a vps. But I'm not to clued up on linux or console commands etc so it's all foreign and im not sure getting frustrated is worth it.

I have also not yet gotten my head around what the machine on my network would do. Would it act as a router that the other devices and eg playstation connect to? To get out? Still researching and learning about it.

Assasin_Zer0

Thanks.

Main requirement is for my hikvision NVR. But I am also planning to get a playstation (online gaming) as well as will be fiddling with home assistant for home automation.

I have read up on few tutorials on setting up openvpn/wireguard on a vps. But I'm not to clued up on linux or console commands etc so it's all foreign and im not sure getting frustrated is worth it.

I have also not yet gotten my head around what the machine on my network would do. Would it act as a router that the other devices and eg playstation connect to? To get out? Still researching and learning about it.
Hi @nad_isa

No if your looking at Remot3.it , The internal device will act as a publicly accessible device. from there you will hop to whatever other device you need.Keep in mind that is not a VPN per se. But you do have the following option available .
1595923216540.png

For Gaming , you'll need to setup a vpn going out of your network , so all internal traffic is router VIA the VPN to the internet . Or you need to setup \ Rules \ routes to manage the traffic flow from specific devices via the VPN out to the internet .

nad_isa

Cool having a look into it. From a gaming perspective some games need incoming traffic and vpn services dont always work over cgnat. So was looking into another solution.