Rain dead (died) for April fools

Crumbl0x

inb4 rain announces surprise joint effort with some large telecoms company, removes restriction and boosts 24/7 package, happy April Fools everyone~~ :crying:

phly

Expert Member
I am impressed. Hope I won't close my eyes and open them tomorrow to find this romance has turned into a horror. At this stage even streaming 8k videos on YouTube won't be a problem. IMG_20200401_004432.jpg

Crumbl0x

The higher speeds could likely be from the fact that most of their subscribers are NOT connected to their network after the outage. Do more speedtests later today and then see.
yea was just about to say, many people are still off or didn't reboot, and once their tech team get on it in the morning as well things should go back to normal, but one can dream hehe

Ndanileka

Had the same issue, did a restart through the "ip page" under system tab and it worked thereafter

@Ghekko

Pretty sure the whole rain network died...so um... Happy April fools!

It went down for me at about 23:35 in Durban.
Hahahaha i just found out that my rain sim not working, the website is promising me that it will be back in a moment. Hope its not going to be a very long day as i don't have internet backup:confused:.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm just impressed that people in SA don't sleep and can complain their thousands after midnight. It's bed people :laugh:

Opera Snapshot_2020-04-01_075210_www.downdetector.co.za.png

zizo911

Executive Member
For the first time this year I'm very very happy with the Rain speeds. My mom is convinced she fixed it by moving the router to her bedroom